Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,
I am planning to apply for my ACS assessment assuming my degree will be considered as an IT major degree.
If ACS feels otherwise and feels that my application should have been an RPL application, then will they contact me and ask me for RPL reports?....................., or will they reject my application, expecting me to apply afresh with RPL?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi anoop

if you have done masters in computer science or otherwise covering computers as a subject you fall in cat A. Its best to read the requirements on the ACS site, alternatively, speak to them directly. it helps. I dont think they would reject the application. But again, I am not a pro at this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anj,
I've done my Bachelors in Electronics & Communication, which had some regular computer science subjects. I've read thru ACS guidelines where they expect atleast 2 full semesters. Some of my subjects are debatable - for example, we had Microprocessors - one may or may not call it a computer subject. For me, microprocessors must still be considered an ICT subject because, computers were born from these - 8085, 8086, 386, 486, 586, pentium etc.

So, I am not sure how ACS will see this.

My plan is to apply in cat A. Meanwhile, I'll also prepare RPL reports. If they come back to me asking for RPL, I'll send them. What say?

Cheers.

hi anoop

if you have done masters in computer science or otherwise covering computers as a subject you fall in cat A. Its best to read the requirements on the ACS site, alternatively, speak to them directly. it helps. I dont think they would reject the application. But again, I am not a pro at this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Electronics and Communication.

Hi Anj,
I've done my Bachelors in Electronics & Communication, which had some regular computer science subjects. I've read thru ACS guidelines where they expect atleast 2 full semesters. Some of my subjects are debatable - for example, we had Microprocessors - one may or may not call it a computer subject. For me, microprocessors must still be considered an ICT subject because, computers were born from these - 8085, 8086, 386, 486, 586, pentium etc.

So, I am not sure how ACS will see this.

My plan is to apply in cat A. Meanwhile, I'll also prepare RPL reports. If they come back to me asking for RPL, I'll send them. What say?

Cheers.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i think there are people who did BE and got assessed in Group A. Yeah what you say makes sense. Have you spoken to an agent? they might suggest what can be done. if u dont want to employ one, just ask them about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Anj,
I did think of an agent, but I dont need their full services. I just need advice on certain things (since all other processes are pretty straight-forward). Unfortunately, agents in Bangalore do not offer selective services. They want me to go with them for complete PR process. I dont have the heart to pay them so much since I know that most of the work will anyway done by me.

i think there are people who did BE and got assessed in Group A. Yeah what you say makes sense. Have you spoken to an agent? they might suggest what can be done. if u dont want to employ one, just ask them about it.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
anoop contact agents in australia. speak ot them, usually first consultation is free. there are many consultants who assist you only for the assessment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anj, do you know of any good ones?... I mean.. somebody who has been approached before?

anoop contact agents in australia. speak ot them, usually first consultation is free. there are many consultants who assist you only for the assessment.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
anoop there are many agents mentioned in this forum.. why dont u search and call them.
there is SOMV (Veronika), her contact details are in her threads/posts. we are using akmigration. then ther is George Lombard and so many others mentioned in teh forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Anj,

I will contact them.

Cheers

anoop there are many agents mentioned in this forum.. why dont u search and call them.
there is SOMV (Veronika), her contact details are in her threads/posts. we are using akmigration. then ther is George Lombard and so many others mentioned in teh forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts