Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a 3 years BSc. in Information Security System at Eastern London Uni.

I was under the impression that ASC would nominate me for 2231-79 Computing professional (NEC) but I was told by a friend that I would need 4 years work experience in addition to my qualification.

Does anyone know if ASC has a recent graduate scheme (without work exp.) for non Australian qualifications?

Thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
I just finished a 3 years BSc. in Information Security System at Eastern London Uni.

I was under the impression that ASC would nominate me for 2231-79 Computing professional (NEC) but I was told by a friend that I would need 4 years work experience in addition to my qualification.

Does anyone know if ASC has a recent graduate scheme (without work exp.) for non Australian qualifications?

Thanks
You will not qualify for the GSM (subclass 175) visa, without work experience. This is a requirement of this particular visa.

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)

It has to be a full time position "for at least 12 of the 24 months immediately before lodging your visa application."

Once you have your work experience, you should check the points test to see if you will qualify.

Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175)

You may qualify for the 457 temporary work visa if you have a job offer when you qualify without work experience, although company will obviously prefer people with experience.

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts