Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i am applying for a permanent residency and I want to take points for my partner's skills as well. She has around 1 year experience overseas. I don;t think ACS will assess her skills till her experience reaches to 2 years?

Anyone else came across such a thing?

Best Regards,
Raheel Ahmed

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes thats right. ACS needs atleast two years to assess your skills. Have you taken IETLS yet? A 7 in all modules will give you 10 points and that is achievable as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can do both together. I did the same. ACS nowadays take more than 3 months so its better to start preparing for IELTS and take the exam meanwhile. You will need that anyway so why not save sometime :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Guys, can anyone please guide me: i have qualification of 3yrs MCA(Master of Computer Application), 2.5 yrs full time study and 6 months industrial training. So now while entering in ACS online skill assessment application: normal time is 3yrs or 2.5 yrs. as someone recommended me 2.5 yrs.
Secondly i also did Post graduate diploma in computer application(PGDCA full time) of 1 year(no training program included). now should i also mention it separately or just mention about MCA and in attachment attach all documents.
many thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts