Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,

My education is Non-ICT. I have bachelor and master degree which is completely Non-ICT.

My question is :

What should be my application type for assessment with ACS. Should i first apply in general skill assessment category and wait for ACS to recommend me to take RPL route or I should directly upload my application under RPL category?

Kindly let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
NN

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Directly apply under RPL. Waiting for them to come back to you would be wasting time and additional hassles (like having to pay again for the cost of RPL process).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Directly apply under RPL. Waiting for them to come back to you would be wasting time and additional hassles (like having to pay again for the cost of RPL process).
Thanks KeeDa. I will directly apply under RPL .

Since my degree is Non-ICT ACS will not report on my education in their report. For education where should i go for assessment . I checked VETASSESS website, it says that DIBP or other assessing body should refer candidate to them for them to pick up the point assessment case.

Regards,
NN

·
Registered
5,859 Posts

Since my degree is Non-ICT ACS will not report on my education in their report. For education where should i go for assessment . I checked VETASSESS website, it says that DIBP or other assessing body should refer candidate to them for them to pick up the point assessment case.

Regards,
NN
They say that but many have had their degrees certified from VETASSESS without any assistance from ACS or DIBP. If you are unsure about the AQF equivalence of your degree, do consider to apply to VETASSESS.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Regards,
NN
I think you are from India
If any of your degree is accredited by NBA (National Board of Accreditation), India, you might not need to assess your degree separately since NBA is signatory of Washington Accord.

If you don't want to waste your time and don't think about money..then go ahead and apply for VETASSESS as well.

vamshi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Experience years deducted for Non-IT degree but job in IT

Hello Experts,

I have an Engineering degree in Electronics (and then CDAC, 6 months PGDiploma in computers). I have total 11 years of experience in IT field. So for Australia PR points calculation, out of 11 years will 4 years get deducted from my experience or just 2 years? If 4 years are deducted then points I get for experience will only be 10 (less than 8 years) and I will get total 60 points including 10 points from PTE. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Abhijeeth,

PG diploma in computer should deduction 2 years only, and if you use electrical Engineering degree...they should deduct 4 years...

I wonder ACS will recognize 6 months course... I never heard of 6 months PG diploma...it should be atleast 1.5 years...

which university or college this course belong to?

thanks,
vamshi

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hello Experts,

I have an Engineering degree in Electronics (and then CDAC, 6 months PGDiploma in computers). I have total 11 years of experience in IT field. So for Australia PR points calculation, out of 11 years will 4 years get deducted from my experience or just 2 years? If 4 years are deducted then points I get for experience will only be 10 (less than 8 years) and I will get total 60 points including 10 points from PTE. Please let me know your thoughts on this.
4 years minimum for sure. Just "experience in IT" won't suffice. You will have to specify your skills/ expertise and the occupation you plan to nominate and then based on your occupation, its relevance to your studies, it could be more than 4 years.

Hi Abhijeeth,

PG diploma in computer should deduction 2 years only, and if you use electrical Engineering degree...they should deduct 4 years...

I wonder ACS will recognize 6 months course... I never heard of 6 months PG diploma...it should be atleast 1.5 years...

which university or college this course belong to?

thanks,
vamshi
You are right. Baring a few Microsoft and CISCO vendor certifications, every other diploma has to be at least 3 semesters (1.5 years) full time to be counted. It would therefore be an assessment based on his electronics degree and would attract 4 years deduction at best.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ACS Assessment on Academic Qualification

Dear experts!!!

I am new in this forum.. my skills and qualifications have recently been assessed by ACS and assessed as suitable.

But they assessed my education qualification as follows:

MY Master in Information Technology as AQF Master Degree
My BSc in Computer Science as AQF Associate Degree
But they did not assess my MBA degree due to non-IT..

As I understand I don't have bachelor degree to support my mater degree, so I can't claim 15 points as per rule.

So. My question is if I assess my 2 years MBA degree and I am sure it will be equivalent to AQF bachelor degree since they count my bachelor as Associate degree as such I can claim 15 points ..Can you kindly verify whether I am thinking in right direction or not and if I am thinking right then please suggest what steps should I take now??

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Dear experts!!!

I am new in this forum.. my skills and qualifications have recently been assessed by ACS and assessed as suitable.

But they assessed my education qualification as follows:

MY Master in Information Technology as AQF Master Degree
My BSc in Computer Science as AQF Associate Degree
But they did not assess my MBA degree due to non-IT..

As I understand I don't have bachelor degree to support my mater degree, so I can't claim 15 points as per rule.

So. My question is if I assess my 2 years MBA degree and I am sure it will be equivalent to AQF bachelor degree since they count my bachelor as Associate degree as such I can claim 15 points ..Can you kindly verify whether I am thinking in right direction or not and if I am thinking right then please suggest what steps should I take now??
You have already qualified for 15 points from education. There is nothing else you need to do. Submit the EOI with "AQF Masters" as the option for your Masters in IT, "AQF Associate" for your BSc and "Others" for your MBA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts