Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For ACS work ex assessment, every reference letter must have (or cater to) the following:

1. Employment duration with specific start and end dates
2. Work type: Full-time/part-time
3. Designation
4. Technologies worked on
5. Roles and responsibilities
6. Country of employment
7. References on letter head
8. Referee details such as each of the following:
a. Name
b. Position
c. Contact details

I am an Electronics engineer and am working in the Indian IT industry for the past 8 years or so. Have been employed with 4 organizations thus far and each of them barring one gave me a relieving letter and experience certificate. The formats are different but cover important points such as employment duration, designation, Letter-head clause, and to an extent referee details. Not one has all 8 points that I mentioned above.

Organization 1:

Relieving letter: Satisfies 1, 3, 7, 8.a, and 8.b
Experience letter: Satisfies 1, 3, 4, 7, 8.a, and 8.b

Organization 2:

Relieving letter: Satisfies 1, 3, 7, 8.a, 8.b
Experience letter: Satisfies 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8.a, 8.b

Organization 3:

Relieving Letter: Satisfies 1, 3, 7, 8.a, 8.b
Experience Letter: Not available. Will provide a statutory declaration

Organization 4:

Experience letter: Satisfies 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8.a, 8.b, 8.c

Organization 5: Current organization

I will submit a statutory declaration since am just joining it.
With above information, I have below questions:

Q1: None of the experience letters/relieving letters show country of employment or contact details of the person who signed them (Sr. HR Manager or Unit Heads). Does it mean that though I have authentic experience letters, just for the want of their contact details, I must take reference letters from seniors (who no longer are with the organization) on stamp paper?

Q2: If I submit the experience certificates as I have, and ACS tries to contact the guy, a Sr. HR manager who has left the organization and who also signed my experience certificate, then is my assessment jeopardized?

Q3: None of the experience letters mention my country of employment. What can I do about this?

Q4: After looking at the matrix, can you comment on the completeness of my assessment documents only from the stand-point of work experience?

Q5: For my current employment, besides the statutory declaration, should I also attach my offer letter?

Q6: Basic ques: I have assumed that I can submit my experience certificates as reference letters. Hope this is a valid assumption. Relieving letters will just add another level of corroboration. Let me know if this is wrong

Q7: Any other comment or advice?

Thanks folks! This was a very long one…;) .. Hope it also helps other folks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
For ACS work ex assessment, every reference letter must have (or cater to) the following:

3. Designation
6. Country of employment
a. Name
b. Position
c. Contact details
Hi Viksy_22, Can you please share what you ended up doing. Also, do you have the format for the sample letter that you got from your supervisors. It will be great if you or someone else can share.

ACS is looking for a "Statutory Declaration". I am not sure if this can be done on a plain piece of paper and notarized?

·
Registered
94 Posts

3. Designation
6. Country of employment
a. Name
b. Position
c. Contact details

I am an Electronics engineer and am working in the Indian IT industry for the past 8 years or so. Have been employed with 4 organizations thus far and each of them barring one gave me a relieving letter and experience certificate. The formats are different but cover important points such as employment duration, designation, Letter-head clause, and to an extent referee details. Not one has all 8 points that I mentioned above.

Organization 1:

Relieving letter: Satisfies 1, 3, 7, 8.a, and 8.b
Experience letter: Satisfies 1, 3, 4, 7, 8.a, and 8.b

Organization 2:

Experience letter: Satisfies 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8.a, 8.b

Organization 3:

Relieving Letter: Satisfies 1, 3, 7, 8.a, 8.b
Experience Letter: Not available. Will provide a statutory declaration

Organization 4:

Experience letter: Satisfies 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8.a, 8.b, 8.c

Organization 5: Current organization

I will submit a statutory declaration since am just joining it.
With above information, I have below questions:

Q1: None of the experience letters/relieving letters show country of employment or contact details of the person who signed them (Sr. HR Manager or Unit Heads). Does it mean that though I have authentic experience letters, just for the want of their contact details, I must take reference letters from seniors (who no longer are with the organization) on stamp paper?

[Exxpat] - There must be some header or footer describing the name of your company and its business address. Normally country name is included in that with full contact number. That would be enough. It is not an issue either to not have the name of signatory. For example, in most cases the signatory is HR Manager with a signature and stamp. If company contact details are there in header or footer, ACS can reach (if required) to your company. For them it doesnt matter who signed it - as, if they call there, they can ask if this person has been working here as per details given in your experience letter.

Q2: If I submit the experience certificates as I have, and ACS tries to contact the guy, a Sr. HR manager who has left the organization and who also signed my experience certificate, then is my assessment jeopardized?

[Exxpat] - In case the signatory has left the organization, please give a call to someone in that office that if at all they get a call for my experience verification, please verify things as mentioned in this letter and send him/her a copy of your experience letter. Again ACS would like to confirm the experience. The guy who will attend their call, can tell that the signatory has left the office.

Q3: None of the experience letters mention my country of employment. What can I do about this?

[Exxpat] - Already addressed this in Q1 above.

Q4: After looking at the matrix, can you comment on the completeness of my assessment documents only from the stand-point of work experience?

[Exxpat] - You "MUST" provide the following on all your experience letters to avoid any complexity in future (ACS might ask for additional proofs later on)

- Start and end date (In case of current job, please dont mention "To-Date", instead write the date of issuance day)

- Full time/part time (mention how many hours you work per week)

- Designation

- Roles and Responsibilities

- Technologies you worked on

- Salary (if possible)

- And i would highly recommend you to prepare a good resume which would be in Sync with things mentioned in your experience letters. (please dont ask me for a template, i dont have)

If you can manage all this, you can expect a hassle free assessment. Else, you will keep worrying and end up praying more for doubtful things instead of praying for your result only :)

Q5: For my current employment, besides the statutory declaration, should I also attach my offer letter?

[Exxpat] - Not required.

Q6: Basic ques: I have assumed that I can submit my experience certificates as reference letters. Hope this is a valid assumption. Relieving letters will just add another level of corroboration. Let me know if this is wrong

[Exxpat] - You need to submit your experience letters for companies you have left. For current company it would be called a Reference Letter. This far your assumption is correct. Plus you dont need to add any documents which are not required. That will add complexity to your case. If there will be any doubt (which i think will never be, if things are verifiable and correct), they can ask you for any additional documents, e.g. offer letter or release letter etc.

Q7: Any other comment or advice?

[Exxpat] - Always trust in yourself, do your best and leave the rest to Allah Almighty. Whatever has been written in your fate, will come to you (good or bad). However, praying to God is the only thing that can change your fate as well. (Since you asked for advice, i gave it here. You dont need to agree with me :) )

Thanks folks! This was a very long one…;) .. Hope it also helps other folks!

Brother, see my comments in red above. The answer is based on best of my knowledge. God bless you.

Regards,
Exxpat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.