Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,

Today , my wife's ACS positive assessment has arrived , but it is written as

"your ICT skilled employment experience has been calculated as follows on the basis of full time employment of atleast 20 hrs per week"

I not able to understand , how they can take it as 20 hrs , when all her documents and references proved it to be a full time regular work.

Moreover , in my case , it was taken as 35 hours , when I submitted my documents.

With this assessment of ACS, can I go forward with the DIAC and claim the extra five points for spouse skills, since it is written as full time employment (not part time)

Or should I write back to ACS , saying that there might be mistake and request them to correct it.

Please advice

Regards
Mansin

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi guys ,

"your ICT skilled employment experience has been calculated as follows on the basis of full time employment of atleast 20 hrs per week"

I not able to understand , how they can take it as 20 hrs , when all her documents and references proved it to be a full time regular work.

Moreover , in my case , it was taken as 35 hours , when I submitted my documents.

With this assessment of ACS, can I go forward with the DIAC and claim the extra five points for spouse skills, since it is written as full time employment (not part time)

Or should I write back to ACS , saying that there might be mistake and request them to correct it.

Please advice

Regards
Mansin
I have got the positive result today and it also says "the basis of full time employment of at least 20 hrs per week".

On the other hand, A friend of mine also got the positive result last week but his letter says 35 hours.

·
Registered
270 Posts
When I saw my friend letter that says 35 hours. His part-time work duration has been counted as half. For example: He worked 12 months part-time (20 hours per week), but they counted this experience at 6 months full-time.

In my letter where it says at least 20 hours per week. They have NOT cut my part-time experience into half. For example: I have worked 12 months part-time and they have mentioned exactly 12 months. No Cut off.

I hope I managed to make some sense :) but that was the only difference I found.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I saw my friend letter that says 35 hours. His part-time work duration has been counted as half. For example: He worked 12 months part-time (20 hours per week), but they counted this experience at 6 months full-time.

In my letter where it says at least 20 hours per week. They have NOT cut my part-time experience into half. For example: I have worked 12 months part-time and they have mentioned exactly 12 months. No Cut off.

I hope I managed to make some sense :) but that was the only difference I found.
msvayani .. no offense , but I did not understand .. I would try to explain my situation :-

My spouse has worked in an IT company for 3.7 years and she resigned from there in September 2011.

Now in the Assessment letter , it shows that she has worked for 3.7 years completely , but just the line above about (20 hours) is making me worry.

As , I need to add her skills in the application to get qualified for 175 Visa.
Now the DIAC policy says the following while granting 5 points for spouse skills

" The spouse should have worked a total of 12 months in the last 24 months from the date of logging application"

Now this 20 hours is going to cause unnecessary confusion , I feel .

Please let me know your opinions. It would be great if other senior members can also throw some light on this.

Thanks
Mansin

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi guys ,

Please advice

Regards
Mansin
You can write to ACS and they will correct it. I had an issue with my no: years and they corrected it after sending a mail

·
Registered
11 Posts
msvayani .. no offense , but I did not understand .. I would try to explain my situation :-

My spouse has worked in an IT company for 3.7 years and she resigned from there in September 2011.

Now in the Assessment letter , it shows that she has worked for 3.7 years completely , but just the line above about (20 hours) is making me worry.

As , I need to add her skills in the application to get qualified for 175 Visa.
Now the DIAC policy says the following while granting 5 points for spouse skills

" The spouse should have worked a total of 12 months in the last 24 months from the date of logging application"

Now this 20 hours is going to cause unnecessary confusion , I feel .

Please let me know your opinions. It would be great if other senior members can also throw some light on this.

Thanks
Mansin

Hello folks,

Have a very basic question.

I am confused why would it be required to apply for Skills Assessment for your spouse if you are the primary applicant ?

I thought for the 175, only the primary needs to clear skills Assessment and attain required number of points at the time of filing !

Can someone help clarify please ?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hi guys ,

"your ICT skilled employment experience has been calculated as follows on the basis of full time employment of at least 20 hrs per week"

This doesn't look like it's anything to worry about. ACS must have changed the wording of their letters, just like they did away with groups, (i.e. Group A, B, C, etc - are all done away with).

The key words here are "at least" - meaning that your wife could have worked for either 20 hours or 500 hours for all we know. "At least" in this case is the "greater than" or "equal to" sign in math - remember this - x>20 .

For a skilled application to DIAC, a skilled person needs to be in a paid position of at least 20 hours a week.

As long as her totals add up to her actual experience, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hello folks,

Have a very basic question.

I am confused why would it be required to apply for Skills Assessment for your spouse if you are the primary applicant ?

I thought for the 175, only the primary needs to clear skills Assessment and attain required number of points at the time of filing !

Can someone help clarify please ?

He just wants more points, I assume.... you get 5 extra points if your spouse provides a skilled assessment

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He just wants more points, I assume.... you get 5 extra points if your spouse provides a skilled assessment
Thanks Stormgal , yeah you are right .. It is for the extra points.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Many thanks Stormgal !

On that note, I was wondering if I were to file for the 175 class, with my spouse as dependant, would she also be required to take the IELTS test ?

Also what other formalities / documentation need to be provided by the dependant spouse at the time of filing ?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I sent email to my CO asking for a clarification for 20hrs per week statement on the result letter. This is what I got today.

"We have recently, within the last two weeks changed the requirement for full time work experience from 35 hours a week to 20 hours a week hence this change from your result letter to your associates.

Please note that this change doesn’t affect your result in anyway."

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I sent email to my CO asking for a clarification for 20hrs per week statement on the result letter. This is what I got today.

"We have recently, within the last two weeks changed the requirement for full time work experience from 35 hours a week to 20 hours a week hence this change from your result letter to your associates.

Please note that this change doesn’t affect your result in anyway."
and I got the following :-

The ACS does not specify the amount of hours worked, we only mention if the experience was more than 20 hrs a week for full time employment. If the hours worked was less than 20hrs per week the experience would be marked as part time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.