Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen me posting fanatically :typing::typing::typing: on some threads seeking advice. More than that what many do not know that I had sent some 20-25 off PMs seeking advice. Firstly, thanks to all who have advised me or supported me.

To those who do not know my situation,

I have 9.3 years of work exp (all in the same company) as a Business Analyst (ANZSCO 261111) from July 2008 till now. My engineering degree was in Electrical and Electronics which I completed in June 2008 and received my degree certificate dated Feb 2009.

I applied to ACS on August 31 with a reference letter from my company HR. On Oct 10, I received a mail from my CO stating that my degree was equal to AUS bachelor degree with ICT major. However my skillset met date is June 2017, which mean they deducted entire 9 years from my exp. I was dumbstruck.

Further, the letter also mentioned that there is a recommendation. Pay $200 and get it done via RPL to get a skillset met date of June 2016 (essentially 8 years deduction and giving me only 1.3 years of relevant work exp).

I had sent several mail to my CO asking for clarification and quoting the text from ACS applicants guide which talks about ICT major and 4 years deduction and all. But each time I got a copy paste of the recommendation and the contents from her first mail.

Within a day or two, after discussing with many people on this forum and personally, I decided to decline the recommendation. My intention was to apply for a review with a new reference letter from HR with more detailed responsibilities in-line with my earlier reference letter or to go ahead with a new assessment for the same ANZSCO code.

After rejecting the suggestion, I got the final result that very same day with the following content.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261111 (ICT Business Analysts) of the ANZSCO code.

Your qualifications have been assessed as follow:
Your Bachelor of Engineering from Visweswaraiah Technological University completed June 2017 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing

The following employment after June 2017 is considered to equate work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261111 (ICT Business Analysts) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 07/08 - 08/17 - 9 years(s) 1 month(s)
Position: Business Analyst
Employer: <snip>

After reading :ranger::ranger: the result letter, I had almost given up. But wait .......... Is it true.... Can I believe my eyes...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah yes.... My hope renewed. ACS seems to have made a snafu. Hoping against hope.

So yesterday, early morning, I sent a long mail to ACS generic mail id stating the 9 year deduction and if the assessor provided any additional comments and all. And then I wrote the most important line, which may end up being the most important line that I will be writing for the next couple of years, in the mail.

I noticed that my engineering degree has been assessed as ICT Major. However, I completed my engineering degree in June 2008 and not in June 2017.

I did not include my CO in the cc section because she may already be getting frustrated with me.
Tap come the reply from my CO in the next 30 minutes.

"We have had this discussion.

You were already informed if you chose RPL you would receive one date or if you declined you would receive the date you have.

You declined the suggestion."

I read the reply. Told myself "It happens. She may have skipped reading the entire mail, even the words that I put it in bold to state the point. Let's try one more time." So, I took a deep breathe and then proceeded composing a reply mail. I told my CO that I really thank her for all her time and patience. I understood her suggestion, which I declined. However, my contention was not that. My contention was that the result letter said, I completed my degree in June 2017. Whereas in reality, I completed it in June 2008. I believe if this mistake is corrected, the result would be different. And then I clicked sent button....

I am waiting for my CO's reply... waiting... waiting... waiting... 30 minutes gone by and no reply.. still waiting... waiting... waiting... My boss comes to my desk and says, what am I doing. Pat came the reply, I am waiting. He asks "For whom, for what". I just stared at his face and silently say to myself "For justice...For my future". I guess my boss thought, I must have lost my mind. He quietly went for a cup of coffee.

43 minutes passed by and then I get a mail I have been waiting so patiently.

"Thank you for your email.

I have received your inquiry and have referred this back to the assessor for clarification.

I will respond to your emailonce I receive notification from the assessor in relation to this."

Yes... One hurdle crossed. Now hope against hope once again and just believe.

Finally, the result comes today with the following message.
Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261111 (ICT Business Analysts) of the ANZSCO code.

Your Bachelor of Engineering from Visweswaraiah Technological University completed Feb 2009 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing

The following employment after June 2012 is considered to equate work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261111 (ICT Business Analysts) of the ANZSCO Code.

10 points for Work experience... Overall 75 points for my EOI... Vindication at last !!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congrats. Am glad the Snafu didn’t turn into a fubar... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ah yes.... My hope renewed. ACS seems to have made a snafu. Hoping against hope.

So yesterday, early morning, I sent a long mail to ACS generic mail id stating the 9 year deduction and if the assessor provided any additional comments and all. And then I wrote the most important line, which may end up being the most important line that I will be writing for the next couple of years, in the mail.

I noticed that my engineering degree has been assessed as ICT Major. However, I completed my engineering degree in June 2008 and not in June 2017.

I did not include my CO in the cc section because she may already be getting frustrated with me.

You were already informed if you chose RPL you would receive one date or if you declined you would receive the date you have.

I read the reply. Told myself "It happens. She may have skipped reading the entire mail, even the words that I put it in bold to state the point. Let's try one more time." So, I took a deep breathe and then proceeded composing a reply mail. I told my CO that I really thank her for all her time and patience. I understood her suggestion, which I declined. However, my contention was not that. My contention was that the result letter said, I completed my degree in June 2017. Whereas in reality, I completed it in June 2008. I believe if this mistake is corrected, the result would be different. And then I clicked sent button....

I am waiting for my CO's reply... waiting... waiting... waiting... 30 minutes gone by and no reply.. still waiting... waiting... waiting... My boss comes to my desk and says, what am I doing. Pat came the reply, I am waiting. He asks "For whom, for what". I just stared at his face and silently say to myself "For justice...For my future". I guess my boss thought, I must have lost my mind. He quietly went for a cup of coffee.

I have received your inquiry and have referred this back to the assessor for clarification.

I will respond to your emailonce I receive notification from the assessor in relation to this."

Your Bachelor of Engineering from Visweswaraiah Technological University completed Feb 2009 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing

The following employment after June 2012 is considered to equate work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261111 (ICT Business Analysts) of the ANZSCO Code.

10 points for Work experience... Overall 75 points for my EOI... Vindication at last !!!!

Great that you achieved it finally ...Congratulations!! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey Whitenoise, Congrats on the grant. :thumb:

Could you let me know, how much of my work experience would be deducted if I have a degree in a different occupation from my work experience ?

Degree (B. Tech & M. Tech): Aerospace
Work Ex(6.5 yrs): Healthcare and Pharma Consulting

Thank You
Santosh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts