Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

I need you support to know wheather my degree and subjects which I took will likely receive positive assessment from ACS, I have 5 years of experience as System Analyst, my degree details as following:

Degree Name : Bachelor of Information Science and Technology - Majoring in Security Technology

The subjects in the below

Computer Programming I
Computer Programming II
Data Communications & Networking
Data Structures & Algorithms
Digital Systems
Discrete Structures
Ethics & Professional Conducts
Internet Computing
Introduction to Machine Architecture
Mathematical Techniques I
Mathematical Techniques II
Object-Oriented Programming
Operating Systems
Probability & Statistics
Database Systems
Technopreneur Venture

Major Subjects
Computer Networks
Systems Analysis and Design
Computer Security
Applied Cryptography
Cyber Law on E-commerce
Physical Security
Information Theory
Project I
Password Authentication and Biometrics
Digital Watermarking
Network Security and Management
Project II
Ethical Hacking and Security Assessment
Computer Virus and Intrusion Detection

Please advice before I apply as I have once assessment chance and I dont want to blow it

Thank you all

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dear all

I need you support to know wheather my degree and subjects which I took will likely receive positive assessment from ACS, I have 5 years of experience as System Analyst, my degree details as following:

Degree Name : Bachelor of Information Science and Technology - Majoring in Security Technology

The subjects in the below

Computer Programming I
Computer Programming II
Data Communications & Networking
Data Structures & Algorithms
Digital Systems
Discrete Structures
Ethics & Professional Conducts
Internet Computing
Introduction to Machine Architecture
Mathematical Techniques I
Mathematical Techniques II
Object-Oriented Programming
Operating Systems
Probability & Statistics
Database Systems
Technopreneur Venture

Major Subjects
Computer Networks
Systems Analysis and Design
Computer Security
Applied Cryptography
Cyber Law on E-commerce
Physical Security
Information Theory
Project I
Password Authentication and Biometrics
Digital Watermarking
Network Security and Management
Project II
Ethical Hacking and Security Assessment
Computer Virus and Intrusion Detection

Please advice before I apply as I have once assessment chance and I dont want to blow it

Thank you all
For education, if you have acces to CEP (country education profile) by Australia education authority, check for your institution under which category. Category 1 is likely receive a Bachelor degree, while category 2 will get AQF associate degree. There may be other conditions for your institution. If you do not have access, ask your agent or whoever has access. It's not free though.

For experience, it depends on R&R - Roles and Responsibility. Check ACS site for your occupation and their guidelines to have some idea how many years of experience you are likely to get.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For education, if you have acces to CEP (country education profile) by Australia education authority, check for your institution under which category. Category 1 is likely receive a Bachelor degree, while category 2 will get AQF associate degree. There may be other conditions for your institution. If you do not have access, ask your agent or whoever has access. It's not free though.

For experience, it depends on R&R - Roles and Responsibility. Check ACS site for your occupation and their guidelines to have some idea how many years of experience you are likely to get.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thank You for your kind response

I am worried that the ACS will say that my degree is not related to the job title which I am applying for, How I can know whether my degree related to System Analyst ?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thank You for your kind response

I am worried that the ACS will say that my degree is not related to the job title which I am applying for, How I can know whether my degree related to System Analyst ?
Job Title really does not matter. Which ANZSCO code you are applying?. Your RnR should match with the corresponding ANZSCO Code description.

1) Regarding the qualification, As per what you mentioned it seems more related to ICT Major. For a Bachelors degree to be assessed as AQF comparable degree and ICT Major, It needs to have 33% or 25% or 20% of ICT content for 3 or 4 or 5 yrs course respectively.

2) If 65% of the duties you mentioned in the reference letter match with the description of ANZSCO code, then your experience will be closely related to the nominated ocuupation.

I suggest you to go over Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf & ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf documents from ACS and identify the correct ANZSCO code for your occupation.

Reactions: Raj2030

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Job Title really does not matter. Which ANZSCO code you are applying?. Your RnR should match with the corresponding ANZSCO Code description.

1) Regarding the qualification, As per what you mentioned it seems more related to ICT Major. For a Bachelors degree to be assessed as AQF comparable degree and ICT Major, It needs to have 33% or 25% or 20% of ICT content for 3 or 4 or 5 yrs course respectively.

2) If 65% of the duties you mentioned in the reference letter match with the description of ANZSCO code, then your experience will be closely related to the nominated occupation.

I suggest you to go over Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf & ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf documents from ACS and identify the correct ANZSCO code for your occupation.

Thank you for your feedback

I went through Skills Assessment Guidelines And I have one last inquiry, Can my employer use ANZSCO Code description for my occupation "Systems Analyst" to write the duties?

·
Registered
356 Posts

I went through Skills Assessment Guidelines And I have one last inquiry, Can my employer use ANZSCO Code description for my occupation "Systems Analyst" to write the duties?
Title is not issue. Just make sure that duties are not copy & paste from ANZSCO code description or Sample reference letter.

·
Registered
204 Posts

Hi Raj2030,

Did you applied for the skill assessment and got your report?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts