Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Below is my profile

B-Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
Experience - 5 years +
I am applying for System Analyst SOL

I wanted to know if ACS deducts skilled experience and if Yes how much of experience will be deducted?

Also, are there any chances of my complete 5+ years of experience getting selected as skilled for 10 points?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Varun

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi,

Below is my profile

Experience - 5 years +

I wanted to know if ACS deducts skilled experience and if Yes how much of experience will be deducted?

Also, are there any chances of my complete 5+ years of experience getting selected as skilled for 10 points?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Varun
There will be mandatory 2 years of deduction from your work ex irrespective of your education and work field.

Since your education and occupation field are closely related, it should limit to 2 years deduction only.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There will be mandatory 2 years of deduction from your work ex irrespective of your education and work field.

Since your education and occupation field are closely related, it should limit to 2 years deduction only.
Hi,

Thanks for your response. My agent has counted 0 points for experience, they say that 4 years suitability period is deducted? Is it true?

Did you say MANDATORY 2 years of deduction? Isn't another way to avoid that deduction?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for your response. My agent has counted 0 points for experience, they say that 4 years suitability period is deducted? Is it true?

Did you say MANDATORY 2 years of deduction? Isn't another way to avoid that deduction?
2 years is mandatory and as far as I know, it can't be avoided.

As I understand, since you degree is in Computer Science and your chosen employment is closely related it should be 2 years only provided the Roles & Responsibilities from your work ex that you submit for assessment are again closely related to ACS defined RnR.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

Below is my profile

Experience - 5 years +

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Varun

Hi Varun,

ACS will simply deduct 2 years from your experience even if you are ICT major.
This is in comparison to Australian Education system.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did my Bachelors in IT in Australia and worked in Singapore(My origin Country). During ACS, not of my experiences got deducted. Not sure how. But i working as a BA for all my exp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts