Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
For ACS assessment wherein I need statutory declaration from a colleague , the skill assessment guidelines say that
The following Statutory Declarations or Affidavits are NOT suitable:
 Does NOT contain words to the effect “Sworn Before” or “Signed Before” or “Witnessed Before”.
 From a junior colleague
 Stating the referee agrees with what the applicant has written in another document
 Stamp and signature of Notary Public doesn’t state that the referee’s signature is witnessed
 Signature of Notary Public only states “Attested Copy”.

I have got the statutory declaration attested from the Notary , with the stamp for "SWORN TO BEFORE ME". However the same lawyer has notarized my declaration as well. Is it fine or it should be witnessed by another lawyer? The guidelines are not specific about it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Request someone to please reply

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, it shouldn't be an issue as notary is there to check the authenticity of the declaration, which is already done in your with 'sworn before....'.

Also, he is attesting the copy of this declaration that it is an certified copy of the original.

So, this would work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Notary on SD

I got my SD notarized today. But the Notary officer only provided his signature with two seals.
1. a round seal with his reg no.
2. a square seal with his address and contact number

There is no mentions as to'Sworn before me', etc..
is this an issue? can i upload the documents without this phrase?

and how will these words be mentioned? - written by the Notary officer or a seal ? Please help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts