Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had been assessed as a Software Tester by ACS in Nov 2011. I have done coding for Test Automation scripts/Performance testing and all the relevant details has been provided in the resume submitted to ACS at that time. Since then, i'm more working on Performance testing which involves design & coding and now i wanted to apply for ACS assessment again (as its going to expire in Nov 2013 anyway). My questions are
1. Is it possible to apply for Software Engineer this time?
2. Will ACS consider the previous experience as well? Even though i had worked on design & coding in the past, ACS already assessed me a Software tester. Will they re-assess and consider my previous experience for Software engineer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: flyingkite

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone help me in answering the queries???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey

Even I have a similar issue...I have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261314 (Software tester) of the ANZSCO code by the ACS. I need to know if my profession can be re-applied under "Software Engineer", as I am involved in design, development/coding and deployment phases working as Software Automation Engineer.

What's your status now?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Even I have a similar issue...I have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261314 (Software tester) of the ANZSCO code by the ACS. I need to know if my profession can be re-applied under "Software Engineer", as I am involved in design, development/coding and deployment phases working as Software Automation Engineer.

What's your status now?
Hi ,
Im also facing the same issue. Dont want to apply as a Tester so applying as a programmer rather. Im planning to including automation scripting and a bit of coding part. Im working as QA Analyst. My manager is afraid if company knows that he is referring someone they might fire him. I can't get letter of my choice from HR so finding someone who can give me a reference letter.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Hi,

I had been assessed as a Software Tester by ACS in Nov 2011. I have done coding for Test Automation scripts/Performance testing and all the relevant details has been provided in the resume submitted to ACS at that time. Since then, i'm more working on Performance testing which involves design & coding and now i wanted to apply for ACS assessment again (as its going to expire in Nov 2013 anyway). My questions are
1. Is it possible to apply for Software Engineer this time?
2. Will ACS consider the previous experience as well? Even though i had worked on design & coding in the past, ACS already assessed me a Software tester. Will they re-assess and consider my previous experience for Software engineer?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I understand that you have received Vic SS long back. Till Nov 2013, its a safe period for you to get the visa grant. Moreover you can inform DIAC for priority processing of visa when the ACS expiry date is closer. Why do you want to get accessed as Software Engineer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
HI Maverick,

Could you provide me the resume template you have used to support your automation skills for software engineer profile please.

Currently i am in the very early stages of applying for PR.
Appreciate your help.

thanks,
revanth

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All ,

My name is Sonal . I have completed my IELTS exam and ACS assessment. I applied for Victoria State Sponsorship in Jan for Software Tester but it got Rejected. Can any one help me how to go about it . I have 8 months of experience in Melbourne and total experience is 4 years 4 months. I am not getting any point for my work experience and the total is coming to 55 without state sponsorship. Please help and provide some insight . I also have ISTQB certification

IELTS score Reading:9 , Listenning :8.5, Speaking :7.5 , Writing :7

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need Help!

HI Maverick,

Could you provide me the resume template you have used to support your automation skills for software engineer profile please.

Currently i am in the very early stages of applying for PR.
Appreciate your help.

thanks,
revanth

Revanth,
This is Nakul. I m from hyderabad too. Just getting started with the PR thing. We could colloborate. I am still scarce in knowledge about all of this. Let me know if you are ok?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All ,

My name is Sonal . I have completed my IELTS exam and ACS assessment. I applied for Victoria State Sponsorship in Jan for Software Tester but it got Rejected. Can any one help me how to go about it . I have 8 months of experience in Melbourne and total experience is 4 years 4 months. I am not getting any point for my work experience and the total is coming to 55 without state sponsorship. Please help and provide some insight . I also have ISTQB certification

IELTS score Reading:9 , Listenning :8.5, Speaking :7.5 , Writing :7
Hi Sonal,

Any luck after this?

I have 65 points without state sponsorship and overall IELTS score of 7.5 with minimum of 7 in each category.I am a S/W Tester too and I wanted to use 190 visa path for improving my chances and increasing my overall score but looks like that is the toughest and lengthy processing route after reading yours and many others' comments.

I am in a dilemma even to proceed now.
Please reply back so that I will atleast know what happens to a generic case like ours.
Wishing you good luck.

Regards,
Paddy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you taken ACS assessment ? Is it under 261313>
If you have 65 points, you can apply 189 and I think you will get invite in selection round.

Can you tell me ur point break down?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All,

I have just been rejected from Vic SS. Now NSW doesn't have my occupation in the list (Software Tester). Only option left now is ACT ? Do anybody have an idea what are the chances of software tester coming in the latest list ? and when the list is coming out ?

Also , i am thinking of re applying ACS for software engineer or ICT sytem test engineer , that would give me more chances of getting selected after 6 months in victoria and in other states ? should i go for ACS or wait ?

Opinions ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi All,

I have just been rejected from Vic SS. Now NSW doesn't have my occupation in the list (Software Tester). Only option left now is ACT ? Do anybody have an idea what are the chances of software tester coming in the latest list ? and when the list is coming out ?

Also , i am thinking of re applying ACS for software engineer or ICT sytem test engineer , that would give me more chances of getting selected after 6 months in victoria and in other states ? should i go for ACS or wait ?

Opinions ?
Hi Himanshu,

I am in the same boat as yours. I had my skills assessed for software tester in 2012 but due to lack of points, I couldn't apply. This year, I was thinking of going for assessment for ICT system test engineer after confirming whether if it would be in SNOL or not. I applied for assessment on1st july and to my surprise, ICT system test engineer occupation ceiling reached in just 2 days. I was really disappointed.

Now I am.also waiting for ACT to open the nomination. Again for me there is limitation that I have to have 7 in each band. I am appearing for IELTS on 2-aug and I know I am late again for ACT also.

I am wondering no other state except SA and ACT has ICT system test engineer in that list.

Even I am thinking of going assessment again in october again for software engineer. But i have a doubt if I will get the positive assessment as job duties are different from each other.

Please throw some light on this topic.

Regards
Sumi

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was looking at the previous ACT list today and saw that software tester was closed . This time i am not sure even they will include the job code in latest list or not as they have been taking it out from everywhere.

I still need to have a confirmation on which job code should i apply on software engineer and they will count my experience or not , as i saw the responsibilities of the software engineer and it matches only partially with ours.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That is what bothering me also. However, I think the job responsibilities should match only 60-70% with the anzsco code we are applying for. I am not sure though.

Seniors, please confirm.

I am also worried whether if ICT system test engineer would be in july 2015 SNOL. Unfortunately if this will happen, then I dont see any future for myself and my family in Australia :'(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Sumi/Himanshu,

I have the same issue, i got assessed 2.5 years back for SOftware tester , now as 190 is getting lot of rejections , i am thinking to apply for 189 - software engineer/Analyst programmer , The only doubt i have they must be having old records, if we i can mix with previous experience (no contradiction) so that i can put 60-70% of roles of Software engineer..Expresso(Senior Exapt) also advised the same. But i am still 10% unsure to do so.

·
Registered
6 Posts
software tester

Hi Sonal,

Any luck after this?

I have 65 points without state sponsorship and overall IELTS score of 7.5 with minimum of 7 in each category.I am a S/W Tester too and I wanted to use 190 visa path for improving my chances and increasing my overall score but looks like that is the toughest and lengthy processing route after reading yours and many others' comments.

I am in a dilemma even to proceed now.
Please reply back so that I will atleast know what happens to a generic case like ours.
Wishing you good luck.

Regards,
Paddy.
Hi paddy,

I have similar case as yours. I am a software tester and have 65 points without state sponsorship. Since Victoria is the only state sponsoring testers I applied for it but got a rejection. Can you tell me how did you proceed with your application?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi All,

Can anyone please suggest if they got their skills reassessed from s/w tester to s/w engineer and was it successful? If yes please let us know in this thread. I am also a s/w tester with around 6 years of experience and have got rejection letter from Victoria SS. I am in dilemma should I go for 261313 s/w engineer?

Regards.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nobody came back to let their experiences with ACS re-assessment!

I've applied couple days back from Systems Analyst to Software Eng since my job duties are very similar for both occupations. I let you guys know. ;)

1 - 20 of 121 Posts