Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

Here is the result. They have deducted 2 years as usual. However, I see they have missed 1/2 months here and there.

I have query regarding my education. I believe with this i can claim 15 points. Please guide. Also, there is no mention of my B.Sc degree even though i gave the details of that as well. Do I need to do anything for that or the master degree assessment is sufficient given the fact that all my experience is post MCA.

I have filled in all the below details into EOI and have marked my experience relevant starting 1st Aug 2013. I guess this is also correct. Please guide.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261311 (Analyst Programmer) of the
ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS from XXXX completed May
2003 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a major in computing

The following employment after July 2005 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled
level and relevant to 261311 (Analyst Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 06/03 - 04/04 (0yrs 10mths)
Position: Software Programmer
Employer: Company A
Dates: 04/04 - 11/05 (1yrs 7mths)
Position: Analyst Programmer
Employer: Company B
Dates: 12/05 - 08/06 (0yrs 8mths)
Position: Developer
Employer: Company C
Dates: 09/06 - 12/09 (3yrs 3mths)
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Employer: Company D
Page 2
Dates: 12/09 - 06/13 (3yrs 6mths)
Position: Assistant Consultant
Employer: Company E

Please share your thoughts.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
The visa officer may want your Bachelor evaluated to AQF Bachelor as well in case of awarding you 15, so its better to assess that one as well, AEI-NOOSR or VETASSESS' Points Advise can do the job I guess.

There is a clause that says, to claim 15 on AQF Masters, one must also have AQF Bachelor, or that Masters need to be evaluated as AQF Bachelor..... how risible it may sound, applicants had been in hot water before regarding this issue.... However, your CO may just as well let it go.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The visa officer may want your Bachelor evaluated to AQF Bachelor as well in case of awarding you 15, so its better to assess that one as well, AEI-NOOSR or VETASSESS' Points Advise can do the job I guess.

There is a clause that says, to claim 15 on AQF Masters, one must also have AQF Bachelor, or that Masters need to be evaluated as AQF Bachelor..... how risible it may sound, applicants had been in hot water before regarding this issue.... However, your CO may just as well let it go.
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. If possible can you please point me the clause you have mentioned in your post. Also, Is it ok if I file my EOI and in parallel apply for the point test advice from Vetassess? Any idea about their processing time?

Seniors, please share your views in this case as well.

Please note that I have submitted the EOI with 65 points under 261311.

Any guidance is highly appreciated.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the advice. If possible can you please point me the clause you have mentioned in your post. Also, Is it ok if I file my EOI and in parallel apply for the point test advice from Vetassess? Any idea about their processing time?

Seniors, please share your views in this case as well.

Please note that I have submitted the EOI with 65 points under 261311.

Any guidance is highly appreciated.
It is in the SkillSelect Site under Education Tab

To receive points for a Masters degree, you must also have a Bachelor degree, or the Masters degree must be considered as at least comparable to Bachelor level at Australian standards.
Normally, it is recommended that you get all your points sorted out before lodging the EOI, but in any case, as long as you get your assessment result (+ve) done before CO asks (if), it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Normally, it is recommended that you get all your points sorted out before lodging the EOI, but in any case, as long as you get your assessment result (+ve) done before CO asks (if), it shouldn't be a problem.
Hi Friend,

Thanks for the quick response. I really had no idea about this VETASSESS thing. Otherwise I would have applied for this as well when I applied my ACS and let these 2 go on in parallel. ACS took 3 months and now VETASSESS can again take upto 3 months. :(

However, I need some guidance regarding my Bachelor of Science, though its a 3 years general degree I studied Computer application subject in all the 3 years. In total I had 11 exams in 3 years and out of the 11, 3 were computer applications, 3 were mathematics and 3 were physics. If I keep this in view I guess my Bachelor Degree contains more then 20% ICT content. With this mind set I am planning to write to ACS with some additional documents supporting my claim and providing extra details about the subject which I studied and will request them for assessing the B.Sc. also. I guess this is a better way out.

Seniors, Please provide your kind guidance in this regard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I have got my ACS assessment letter on May 2013 (which is valid until April 2015) where it is mentioned that my employment after January 2010 is suitable for claiming points for Australian work experience for EOI / Immigration.

The letter has also captured my employment with an Australian company based at Sydney for the period from April 2010 and Mar 2013 (2 years 11 mnths).

I'm still employed with the same company for which I have received the review done by ACS. Moreover my roles & responsibilities that I currently perform are one and the same as I have mentioned / evaluated by ACS.

I have current payslips, tax returns, bank statements, even updated employer reference mentioning the Job title / description for the period after Mar 2013 till date to support the same claim.

My question here is:

As I have completed 3+ years of work experience with the same job & company by May 2013, Can I claim those extra five points under Australian work experience?

In other works, is this experience after April 2010 cumulative till date.

P.S: I have left the end date of this employment as blank while completed the EOI online form.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hi Friend,

Just wanted to update that the CO didn't ask anything about my bachelor degree. I got my grant.

Thanks.
Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts