Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are doing well.

ACS had replied to my assessment request stating that the code which I chose is not closely associated with my skills and have recommended a new one.

Should I go ahead with that? (If you ask me I guess that should work out good for me as i have lot of experience based on that and I can get the necessary points.)

Please advise.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are doing well.

ACS had replied to my assessment request stating that the code which I chose is not closely associated with my skills and have recommended a new one.

Should I go ahead with that? (If you ask me I guess that should work out good for me as i have lot of experience based on that and I can get the necessary points.)

Please advise.
What occupation code you applied for assessment and what did they recommend?
And it would be clear if we get to know RnR as well..

Best is yet to come!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had chosen System ANalyst and they have recommended for Support Engineer

Most of my experience is in the field of Helpdesk, Call Center, Site Support, Management etc.

·
Registered
23,891 Posts
I had chosen System ANalyst and they have recommended for Support Engineer

Most of my experience is in the field of Helpdesk, Call Center, Site Support, Management etc.
I think ACS recommendations are spot on

Check if the recommended ANZSCO code is in the MLTSSL list or not

Cheers

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they are as I had helped a friend of mine with the Support Engineer code for his ACS filing and his experience.

It's a little surprising how the ACS assesses the RnRs!! Anyway :Fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more question

One more question which just popped up in my mind. I am sure this has been answered somewhere but I am unable to find/recollect in what part.

When we submit ACS skill assessment, we give education and experience.

So as i understand (please correct me if I am wrong) the following:

Education and Experience are assessed separately towards the ANZSCO code which we choose/are recommended for?

Or is it something like based on the education, the experience is assessed again towards the above.

Please advise.:confused:

·
Registered
204 Posts
One more question which just popped up in my mind. I am sure this has been answered somewhere but I am unable to find/recollect in what part.

Education and Experience are assessed separately towards the ANZSCO code which we choose/are recommended for?

Or is it something like based on the education, the experience is assessed again towards the above.

Education and experience assessed separately.
First education will be assessed to find how many years they must deduct.
And experience.
Everything will be based on nominated Anzsco code.

Best is yet to come!

·
Registered
23,891 Posts

ACS in the same assessment letter will confirm if your degree is equivalent or not and also from when you can claim points for skilled assessment

You don't have to go for assessment twice

Cheers

·
Registered
204 Posts
ACS in the same assessment letter will confirm if your degree is equivalent or not and also from when you can claim points for skilled assessment

You don't have to go for assessment twice

Cheers
Good reply

Actually I misunderstood his question...

Best is yet to come!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts