Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents;

I have received my assessment from ACS earlier today. However, I have applied for 261112 (Systems Analysts).

I have got a positive result. But they neglect 5 years from my experience. Even though my current employment has started 2/2012 and they have counted from 9/2012 with no logical reason. And I assume it is done by mistyping mistake.

Shall I send an email to them to clarify or what I have to do?

The letter:

The following employment after September 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261112 (Systems Analysts) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 11/06 - 09/09 – 2 year(s) 10 month(s)
Position: IT Analysis
Employer: xx
Submitted Job duties:

 Coordinate with the Project Manager and Quality Assurance team to accomplish the business needs.
 Analyzing clients existing systems and business models.
 Understanding software development lifecycle
 Conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems if needed.
 Producing project feasibility and costing reports.
 Supervising and documenting testing schedules for complete systems.
 Supporting users on change control and system updates.
 Providing training and user manuals to users of a new system.
 Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments.
 Provide end to end training to the organization.

Dates: 09/09 - 02/12 – 2 year(s) 5 month(s)
Position: Information Technology System Analysis
Employer: xxx
Submitted Job duties:

 Identifies requirements by establishing system structural analysis rapport with potential and actual clients and with Project Manager to understand service requirements.
 Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a workflow chart and diagram.
 Provides a reference for use of prime and personal computers by writing and maintaining user documentation; maintaining a help desk.
 Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
 Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
 Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
 Develops business needs by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
 Prepare cost reports.
 Implementing the current system, creating users and administer the troubleshooting.
 Establishing the training procedures.
 Provide wide training to users to increase the quality of the business.

Dates: 02/12 - 08/17 – 5 year(s) 6 month(s)
Position: IT System Analyst
Submitted Job duties:

• Enforcing SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) standards and required regulations to projects.
• Establish training manuals and presentations to Electronic Document Management System.
• Develop design and business specifications to assist business developers.
• Train project team to ensure the familiarity with the approved system – Aconex.
• Administer system troubleshooting, Creating new users, maintain current users and produce user status report to the Project Director.
• Remove any inactive users and resigned users.
• Attending required training for the system provider development, to enhance my skills to monitor the implemented system – ERP financial system and Aconex documentation system.
• Acting as the focal point of contact for the business system analysis by giving advising, testing and assistance to enhance the system quality.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Gents;

I have received my assessment from ACS earlier today. However, I have applied for 261112 (Systems Analysts).

I have got a positive result. But they neglect 5 years from my experience. Even though my current employment has started 2/2012 and they have counted from 9/2012 with no logical reason. And I assume it is done by mistyping mistake.

The letter:

The following employment after September 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261112 (Systems Analysts) of the ANZSCO Code.

Submitted Job duties:

 Coordinate with the Project Manager and Quality Assurance team to accomplish the business needs.
 Conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems if needed.

Submitted Job duties:

 Identifies requirements by establishing system structural analysis rapport with potential and actual clients and with Project Manager to understand service requirements.
 Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a workflow chart and diagram.
 Provides a reference for use of prime and personal computers by writing and maintaining user documentation; maintaining a help desk.
 Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
 Develops business needs by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
 Prepare cost reports.
 Implementing the current system, creating users and administer the troubleshooting.

Submitted Job duties:

• Enforcing SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) standards and required regulations to projects.
• Establish training manuals and presentations to Electronic Document Management System.
• Train project team to ensure the familiarity with the approved system – Aconex.
• Administer system troubleshooting, Creating new users, maintain current users and produce user status report to the Project Director.
• Attending required training for the system provider development, to enhance my skills to monitor the implemented system – ERP financial system and Aconex documentation system.
• Acting as the focal point of contact for the business system analysis by giving advising, testing and assistance to enhance the system quality.

Thanks.
ACS usually deducts some exp. Its usually 2 or 4 or 6 years depending on how closely your education is related to your current occupation.

In any case, you can drop an email to them for belts and braces.

The exp not considered has to be marked NON-RELEVANT in EOI

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was ready for their deduction indeed, but I've got confused when they deducting 7 months from my current employment. which doesn't make any sense.

I'm preparing an email to them, I got shared to get some ideas.

thanks, dude.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I was ready for their deduction indeed, but I've got confused when they deducting 7 months from my current employment. which doesn't make any sense.

I'm preparing an email to them, I got shared to get some ideas.

thanks, dude.
What was your education degree?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi Gents;

The letter:

Submitted Job duties:

Submitted Job duties:

 Prepare cost reports.

Submitted Job duties:

Thanks.
What is your qualification?
What did they mention about your educational qualification in the ACS result?. ICT major/ICT Minor.
When did you apply?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Bachelor in Computer from Al Alson Higher Private Institution for Tourism and Hotels and Computer completed November 2004

and assessed as Associate Degree with a Major in computing.
hmmm,

drop an email with details. Attach your assessment pdf as well

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm,

drop an email with details. Attach your assessment pdf as well
I'm doing that but really confused what should I tell them. I need to refer to be a mistyping to read Sep 2009 instead. hence he will count from the second company and will deduct the first 3 years experience.
\

·
Registered
356 Posts
Bachelor in Computer from Al Alson Higher Private Institution for Tourism and Hotels and Computer completed November 2004

and assessed as Associate Degree with a Major in computing.
You have been assessed as Associate Degree - major in Computing. For this they deduct 5 years in the last 10 years.
If you have applied in Sept 2017 for ACS assessment, Your 10 year period starts from Sept 2007. After deducting 5 years, your experience after Sept 2012 is relevant for claiming points. As per your assessment of qualification and the Summary Criteria, I don't see any issue with the result.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'm doing that but really confused what should I tell them. I need to refer to be a mistyping to read Sep 2009 instead. hence he will count from the second company and will deduct the first 3 years experience.
\
You can mention that as you were expecting a 4 year deduction BUT can they please verify that if there is any mistake because the ACS letter mentions as relevant exp starting from 09, 2009 which is more than 4 years and appears incorrect.
Kindly confirm that its a not a printing mistake.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Gents;

Hello, may I know when did you submit the assessment to ACS? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have read their assessment criteria and didn't found anything related to the deduction. even though, they deduct 5 years 3 months which a strange number to me and although they deduct 7 months only from my current employment. it doesn't make any sense to me. they may neglect the first employer and/or the second but both and 7 months from the current so weird.

I have dropped an email to them, let us see what they will do on their call.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have read their assessment criteria and didn't found anything related to the deduction. even though, they deduct 5 years 3 months which a strange number to me and although they deduct 7 months only from my current employment. it doesn't make any sense to me. they may neglect the first employer and/or the second but both and 7 months from the current so weird.

I have dropped an email to them, let us see what they will do on their call.
It's neither weird nor strange. Their suitability criteria and years of deduction is clearly mentioned in their website.
https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-skills/Summary of Criteria - 2017.pdf

If your degree is associated degree, what they deducted is right. I explained in my previous post why the 3 months are lost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts