Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I received an email from ACS earlier today that :

Your skills assessment has been assessed as NOT closely related to your nominated ANZSCO code.

The assessor has made a recommendation that your application is suitable for the following ANZSCO code:
262111 (Database Administrator)

If you wish to change your nominated ANZSCO code as per the above recommendation, please complete the following 2 actions:

1. Please Reply to this email stating your preference.

2. Please submit an additional assessment fee of $200.00 AUD.

I had originally submitted the application to be assessed under ANZSCO 261312 as I am both Database Developer and administrator. Anyway, I have now accepted the Assessor Recommendation and paid the amount of 200 AUD towards the same.

Currently, the status is "In Progress and a Case Officer will review documents, etc".

Now my questions are :

1. How long will it take for the Assessment to be Finalized?
2. Will it again take another 6 weeks, as I already waited for 6 weeks now for this email.

Any information in this regard will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
85 Posts
AFAIK, it will not take 6 weeks. Because the Assessor has already reviewed your profile and only then came up with a recommendation plus change of ANZSCO code, i think it will take max of a week.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK, it will not take 6 weeks. Because the Assessor has already reviewed your profile and only then came up with a recommendation plus change of ANZSCO code, i think it will take max of a week.
Thanks for the info buddy!

Hope it is done within a week. All the best for your further processes. :thumb:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I received an email from ACS earlier today that :

Your skills assessment has been assessed as NOT closely related to your nominated ANZSCO code.

The assessor has made a recommendation that your application is suitable for the following ANZSCO code:
262111 (Database Administrator)

If you wish to change your nominated ANZSCO code as per the above recommendation, please complete the following 2 actions:

1. Please Reply to this email stating your preference.

2. Please submit an additional assessment fee of $200.00 AUD.

I had originally submitted the application to be assessed under ANZSCO 261312 as I am both Database Developer and administrator. Anyway, I have now accepted the Assessor Recommendation and paid the amount of 200 AUD towards the same.

Currently, the status is "In Progress and a Case Officer will review documents, etc".

Now my questions are :

1. How long will it take for the Assessment to be Finalized?
2. Will it again take another 6 weeks, as I already waited for 6 weeks now for this email.

Any information in this regard will be very helpful.
Thanks in advance!
IMO it won't take the that long. I guess it is a review application, official timeline is 4-6 weeks.
But my guess is 2 weeks

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vincyf1

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO it won't take the that long. I guess it is a review application, official timeline is 4-6 weeks.
But my guess is 2 weeks

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk
Thank You for your response.
Fingers crossed now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank You for your response.
Fingers crossed now.
Hi,
I am also in the same situation, I applied for 261313, but after 5 weeks, they send mail stating that Assessment is not closely realted, recommended to change to the code 261111/2. I am having 10 years of exp, did Btech in EEE branch.

May i know your total experience
How many yrs of exp deducted in your case?
what is your qualification and Branch?

Thanks,
Venkat

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,
I am also in the same situation, I applied for 261313, but after 5 weeks, they send mail stating that Assessment is not closely realted, recommended to change to the code 261111/2. I am having 10 years of exp, did Btech in EEE branch.

Thanks,
Venkat
Hi Venkat,

My total experience is 7 years 10 months. I did my B.E in Computer Science.
It was assessed as equivalent to Bachelors with major in Computing.
And 2 years were deducted from my experience.

I would say, if the new code is applicable for Visa 189, It should not be a problem to accept it. You may have to pay the additional A$200 though.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi,

Thanks,
Venkat
For EEE engineering and ICT related job codes minimum deduction is 4 years plus for whatever period you dont provide job related roles and responsibilities letters.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Venkat,

My total experience is 7 years 10 months. I did my B.E in Computer Science.
It was assessed as equivalent to Bachelors with major in Computing.
And 2 years were deducted from my experience.

I would say, if the new code is applicable for Visa 189, It should not be a problem to accept it. You may have to pay the additional A$200 though.
Thanks, They deducted 4 years in my case. Now I need 79+ in PTE :(.

Could you please provide some tips as you got 90 in PTE :O?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts