Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have received the assessment from ACS. I need your guidance and advise how to proceed further. I have provided the extract of the ACS letter:

You have been assessed as meeting the qualification requirements for Group A of the ACS PIM 2, but do not satisfy the requirements for relevant professional information technology experience of four years.

My Work experience

Position Deputy Manager (Not assessable) – Not relevant

Position Team Leader (1 Yr 2 Months)

Position Project Manager (0 Yrs 10 Months)

Your skills have been assessed to be unsuitable for migration under 1224-11 of the ASCO code, being the skilled occupation indicated that you intend to nominate in a General Skilled Migration application.

Here is my brief background:

I completed BE in Mechanical Engineering and Joined the Navy. My designation was Deputy Manager (Rank Lieutenant Commander) when I came out of the service. I was posted in the Dockyard where I undertook the projects of ships refits and repairs. In addition, I pursued computer network course and managed the entire LAN and IT related work in my department for more than 3 years. I came out of the service in Jul 2007 and since then I have been working in IT Industry as PMO (Program Management Office)/ Project Manager.

My questions are:

1. I am planning to I appeal to ACS as the Dockyard experience was not assessable. Could I do that?
2. What is Group A of the ACS PIM 2?
3. What is the meaning of the highlighted blue text?
4. As I changed my professional line, does it mean that I cannot apply in any of the categories in General Skilled Migration application codes?
5. If I can apply for migration, what would be the suitable code or profession?

Could you help me, please?

Regards,

Kannan

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the ACS result. I suggest you contact an agent to see what they say.

We have agents who post on here and Veronika (SOMV) posts fairly regularly and you can contact her via her signature. Always make sure though that an agent is MIA/MARA registered.

Please let us know how you get on.

Dolly

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hello,
I have 28 months experience as an IT Manager (handling IT support operations), 17 months as Application Engineer (working on oracle/unix/network monitoring) and 4 months as Technical Marketing engineer (providing demos of embedded system products).
Thus total experience is 4 Yrs.

I have a 4 yrs full time Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering.

Now I am going to appear for ACS under group A for Information Technology Manager ASCO 1224-11, what are my chances?
Pls suggest, m worried. :confused:

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the ACS result. I suggest you contact an agent to see what they say.

We have agents who post on here and Veronika (SOMV) posts fairly regularly and you can contact her via her signature. Always make sure though that an agent is MIA/MARA registered.

Please let us know how you get on.

Dolly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts