Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I was about to prepare all the documents for ACS assessment for Software Engineer. I have a few doubts:

I have completed my Bachelor's degree from West Bengal University of Technology, India in Bachelor of Computer Applications in 2009 and since then I was working in a company as a Software Engineer. I joined the company in July 2009 and resigned the company on Aug, 2011. Then I moved to UK for doing my Master's degree from the University of Manchester in Advanced Computer Science & IT Management from Sep, 2011 till Dec, 2012 and came back to India and started working for the same company as a Senior Software Engineer from Jan,2013.

So my question are:

1) In Jan 2014, I will be completing total 3yrs of my work. So when I will lodge the ACS assessment application will they count this as a total of 3yrs of work or they will count my work experience from my highest qualification?

2) Anyone lodged the ACS assessment application will please attach or pm me the sample letter?

P.S. I already applied for subclass 476 visa.

Thanks,
Dibyendu

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Dibyendu,

1.) If your bachelor is assessed as comparable to an Australian bachelor with a major in ICT and if your nominated occupation is closely related to the study program, you will be deemed skilled 2 years post-bachelor-graduation. At best, you will have 1 year of work experience remaining, which won't give you any work experience points. See: Summary of Criteria

2.) If you follow the ACS sample reference letter format as closely as possible and make sure that your tasks/responsibilities contain the most important "buzz words" from your ANZSCO description, you should be fine.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Monika,
Thanks for the reply..

1) So is it possible for me to apply for subclass 189 or 190, if i score 60 points without 3 years of work experience?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi dibs450,

if you reach the points pass mark (=60) you can put in an EOI. There is no requirement from DIBP anymore that you need recent work experience or in fact any work experience at all.

Good luck!
Monika

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Monika..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts