Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone!!

I'm starting to gather all the documents to send to ACS, I have a few doubts but first, i'm going to tell you about me.

I'm 27 and I got a 5 years degree on 2012, my degree is directly translated to english as a Systems engineer but the translator that I hired used computer science engineer on translations.

I can't prove all the experience that I have because i lost all the documents and contacts with the people of my first job, i can prove only 3 and a half years of experience since january 2014 till now but i can't claim any points.

Here are my first doubts:

-1) My previous employer is located in the united states and I'm in Chile he is going to send me the Employment References letter by email, but on ACS guidelines says that all must be "Certification as a valid copy " i dont know if i have to print the email make a copy a take it to a notary to certify and then scan the document and send it to acs, or i can just send the digital letter.

-2) The other References letters are going to be signed by my ex-bosses. i need to make a copy take it to a notary to certify and then scan the certified copy and send it to acs ? or i only need to send the originals scanned ?.

-3) do you recommend me to also send the payslips or is not necesary at all ?

-4) Another doubt that i have is if i have to apply as a 261312 Developer Programmer or
261313 Software Engineer, based on my job titles

first job-> Web developer
Second job-> Junior Software Engineer
third Job -> Solutions Consultant
Fourth Job -> Development engineer

Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
282 Posts
1- you can always contact your previous employer and request the ref letter which should list down all your roles and responsibilities as per the code you are planning to apply. Softcopy is fine..but you have to photocopy it and get notarized and send to acs.
2. If your ref letters are on company letterhead it is best..else you have to get the statutory declaration which is written by your manager or senior collegue.
3.if you are going with statutory declaration in that case you need to provide either salary slip or experience letter or relieving letter.
4.Just try to match your roles and responsibilty which you actually performed with the published by au gov.
Just search and try to match and get on your ref letter.
Note: generally it is you who send a filled template with roles and responsibilties to you employer then they verify and print on letterhead and send you.
Hope it helps.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Payslips might not be required for ACS if you are providing the relieving letter, but they will definitely be useful when you file the visa after getting the ITA.

However, please keep all the necessary proofs ready for submission of Visa to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was requested for additional documents and had them submitted 4 days back (05-Oct-2017) but the acs dashboard still shows "Awaiting Documents" even after I have uploaded documents and submitted again.

I have emailed ACS and awaiting the information. Can some one please advise?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi I have a question regarding acs assessment
I already have a valid assessment from acs for an occupation, due to my circumstances I need to apply for another assessment with acs for another occupation
I have written to acs and they claim it is possible to have more than one assessment
1)Does my new assessment have to have a different jd?
2)If so does it have to be very different from the first assessment or similar
The fist assessment was for software tester the second is for software engineer

3)Do I need to upload supporting documents for the new occupation especially because i am unable to remove the previously uploaded docs in acs for the previous occupation
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Hi I have a question regarding acs assessment
I already have a valid assessment from acs for an occupation, due to my circumstances I need to apply for another assessment with acs for another occupation
I have written to acs and they claim it is possible to have more than one assessment
1)Does my new assessment have to have a different jd?
2)If so does it have to be very different from the first assessment or similar
The fist assessment was for software tester the second is for software engineer

3)Do I need to upload supporting documents for the new occupation especially because i am unable to remove the previously uploaded docs in acs for the previous occupation
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
2) - Already responded in different thread.
3) - You must upload your experience letter for the role of Software Engineer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts