Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

ACS assessment for number of years of experience

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  aarohi 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

This is my first post in expatforum and I want to start by expressing that I'm overwhelmed by the plethora of useful information available for Aus PR seekers like me. A big Thanks for your contribution !!

Now, my question was - How does ACS calculate the number of years of experience and whether they take into account any gaps while you switch jobs?

I started with my first job on 29 Aug 2008 as a software engineer and have been working since then with 3 different IT firms for around 7 years in India and also worked in UK for one year. However I have had gaps of total 20 days while switching couple of jobs in the last 7 years. Should I go for ACS skills assessment straightaway on 29 Aug 2015 or should I definitely wait until 20 Sept 2015 to lodge my application for skills assessment. As, I 'm a software Engineer and completed by graduation (B.E.) in IT, therefore, I'm depending about getting 5 years of relevant work experience assessed by the ACS so need to file my ACS application at the right time.

Depending upon the inputs I receive from you guys, I will go ahead and request for a reference letter from my current employer.

Also, since I worked in UK for around one year at the client location, will I need to get my PCC at a later stage from UK police as well?

Thanks in advance for your help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello ,

PLs guide me if we could get assesment under two differnt codes from ACS. for example ,

II have positive assesment in 261313 code and wish to other assessment in other code ?

Is it possible to apply for other assessment if we already have one assessment??

pls guide me asap.

#5 ·
In most cases ACS will deduct 2 years from your total experience and award you skilled date. They usually dont consider the month if you have switched the employment in mid-way in the month. So if you have an invite and claimed appropriate points for work experience then you wont need to worry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.