Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys

This is my first post. Really need some advice

Im planning to apply for ACS assessment and it would be great if you can help me regarding the same.

I have Non ICT bachelors degree (Chemical Engineering) However, I had couple of computer courses (Programming and CAD) in my degree content. Post graduation, I got a job in a IT company. I have 6 years of IT work experience
I started as a system analyst and have close to 5.5 years and then started working as a Business analyst for the last 5 months. I have completed my business analysis foundation certification. This certification is provided by British computer society (BCS)

Please clarify the below
1. Im not sure what is my application type
2. For which ANZSCO code should i apply. (system analyst or business analyst)
3. Can i apply for both

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi,

You need to apply for ACS using RPL as your degree is NON ICT, as to get positive assessment you will need atleast 6 yrs of professional IT exp.

ACS will award you positive assessment but it will also reduce 6 yrs of exp and exp after 6 years will be considered as "skilled Employment", hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

I need a similar advice/query on my profile-

1. I have 7 years of IT experience.
2. My Bachelors is non-ICT in Mechanical Engg.
3. I got trained in SAP at my first organisation and worked there for 4 years.
4. I had done a work integrated M.S (Software Engg) from BITS-Pilani in the first organisation and got my degree in my 4th year of experience.
5. Later the M.S, I have completed 3 years in other org.

I make 60 points (incl my spouse's skill and 0 work exp points) without my MS degree.
I am told that I can get 5 more points if I consider the MS degree as its related to my work exp. Will there be a deduction of work exp after PG as well? Is it anyway possible to gain points for my 7 years IT exp? I have passed IELTS with overall 8 (R:9/L:8.5/W:7.5/S:7).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.