Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

ACS Assessment for Non ICT Degree B-Com + GNIIT

12K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  himsrj 
#1 ·
Hi Folks

I have a query with respect to the ACS assessment, here are my details

Bachelors Degree: B.COM + M.COM (Part time/Correspondence) 15 points
Diploma Degree: GNIIT (3 years Software Engg. course from NIIT Pvt. Ltd.)
Work ex : 7.9 Years Fulltime IT Software (Key Skills : Business Intelligence) 10 points :fingerscrossed:
PTE A: Planning to Appear in Mid June (10 points :fingerscrossed:)

My question is since my degree is B.COM I will be considered as a NON-ICT Professional, however I do have a NIIT degree with 3 years full time course of software engg so will this be considered by the ACS as a ICT- Major?if it is considered as major I can be assured that I will secure 10 points of skilled employment.

My work experience is post my bachelors & NIIT degree so I hope that it should not be a problem.

Also I would like to know if I will have to do a qualification assessment from VETASSAS?

Your help would be highly appreciated as I am in a dilemma whether I should go for ACS with RPL or without RPL

Thanks Guys.

See less See more
#4 ·
I am unsure if GNIIT Diploma will be considered by ACS as a relevant ICT Major degree/diploma. You can see this link to see the details.

But be sure that if you do not have a relevant degree there are various levels of years that are deducted from your total experience. I was a BCom grad and my 6 years were deducted from my total exp.

#5 ·
Hi guys

I also have a similar question on this.
My qualifications are B. SC(G) Mathematical science from Delhi University, with GNIIT from NIIT and PG as MCA.

Will ACS consider my Grad i.e. As relevant ict major grad. I suppose they should consider as its only the name i.e. is not revealing that it is not related to information and communication technology(ICT) but the course content is all related to ict.
Please advise.

Also, will they be considering GNIIT in anyways?

I suppose MCA from GGSIPU, Delhi will be considered as ICT major? Please advise.

#6 ·
Hi guys

I also have a similar question on this.
My qualifications are B. SC(G) Mathematical science from Delhi University, with GNIIT from NIIT and PG as MCA.

Will ACS consider my Grad i.e. As relevant ict major grad. I suppose they should consider as its only the name i.e. is not revealing that it is not related to information and communication technology(ICT) but the course content is all related to ict.
Please advise.

Also, will they be considering GNIIT in anyways?

I suppose MCA from GGSIPU, Delhi will be considered as ICT major? Please advise.
I am also MCA from GGSIPU and ACS considered it ICT major.:)

#9 · (Edited)
Hi,

You can refer to the following post, given on IMMI website.

Referring to this post, you come under the category of Any other qualification and you will get 10 points for it.

ACS compares course contents of the nominated occupation and if your marksheet includes major computer courses, you should be fine.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bachelor Degree

To receive 15 points for having at least a Bachelor degree, you must have met the requirements for an award of Bachelor degree by an Australian educational institution or your qualification must be considered as at least comparable to a Bachelor level at Australian standards.

Note: To receive 15 points for a Masters degree, you must also have a Bachelor degree completed in Australia or overseas, or the Masters degree must be considered as at least comparable to Bachelor degree level at Australian standards.

Australian Diploma or Trade qualifications

You can receive 10 points for an Australian Diploma or Australian trade qualification.

Any other qualification

You can receive 10 points for any other qualification or award which is recognised as suitable for your nominated occupation in your skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#11 ·
Hi,

This leads to more confusion, I was under the impression that I will get 15 points for my bachelors degree which is B.COM

The only confusion for me was if I will get points for Skilled employment since I have experience of around 8 years and if I go via RPL route they will deduct my 6 years of work-ex, hence I was thinking if I can show my NIIT's Degree for them to consider that my qualification can be considered as ICT Major since it includes all the courses.

#17 ·
Bachelor of Commerce and GNIIT

Hi Ravi,

I am in same situation as yours, I have got Bachelor's Degree in Commerce and GNIIT.

I would be sending my application for ACS evaluation soon and had few questions. I will be thank full to you if you can guide me as you have already been through this.

1) Is GNIIT Considered as ICT Major Degree OR is it considered as Diploma and Vendor Certification.

2) if it is considered under Diploma and Vendor Certification then 5 Years of Experience would get deducted

3) Did your Professional Practice Last Year of GNIIT got considered in Experience

4) What all Documents one has to submit for GNIIT ? Is it Just Transcript, OR Course content, Transcript PP Details and Certificate

5) What about points in Qualification, since GNIIT is in Addition to Bachelor of Commerce. can i get 15 points for bachelors degree

I am writing in great hopes that people on this forum will be able to help me

Regards
Victor

#18 ·
Hi Ravi,

I am in same situation as yours, I have got Bachelor's Degree in Commerce and GNIIT.

I would be sending my application for ACS evaluation soon and had few questions. I will be thank full to you if you can guide me as you have already been through this.

1) Is GNIIT Considered as ICT Major Degree OR is it considered as Diploma and Vendor Certification.

2) if it is considered under Diploma and Vendor Certification then 5 Years of Experience would get deducted

3) Did your Professional Practice Last Year of GNIIT got considered in Experience

4) What all Documents one has to submit for GNIIT ? Is it Just Transcript, OR Course content, Transcript PP Details and Certificate
5) What about points in Qualification, since GNIIT is in Addition to Bachelor of Commerce. can i get 15 points for bachelors degree

Regards
Victor
Hi!

I got my Gniit assessed.

1. It will be considered as AQF Diploma with major in computing.

2. Diploma

3. For getting your professional practice considered in experience you need to get roles and responsibilities letter and that would be considered.

4. Final all semester marksheet and certificate

5. I am not sure about the points, I did my masters after my bachelors so in my case I got 15 points. Not sure about bachelors + Gniit.

#19 ·
Bcom + gniit

Hi Ravi,

Regards
Victor

#20 ·
Thanks Kariznin

Is Professional Practice of 1 Year considered as Trainee, If so then did your experience of professional practice was considered

I have done my masters in commerce and there fore will I be able to claim 15 points for Qualification which is same as your case

I really appreciate your reply on my questions... this forum is really wonder full.

regards
victor

#21 ·
My master was a major in computing i. e. MCA but in your case it would not be the same.
Also, ACS is not considered about the designation you hold but what work you performed under that designation which should be in sync with the code's roles and responsibilities you are applying for.

So, if your professional practice roles and responsibilities letter is in sync with your code then you are good to go. Also, they would deduct more than 2 years of experience if you are not having a academic background of computing.

#22 ·
Hi Kariznin,

Hope you can advise on my case.

I have 8 years of experience in IT
BE in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering

I joined diploma after my 10th class. Should i have to apply through RPL route or can I directly apply for ACS.

Appreciate your feedback on this.

Regards,
Krish

#23 ·
Hi Krish

Sorry! I have minimal/ no knowledge of rpl route, so cannot comment on the same.

Please post your query on ACS Processing thread so lot more people can view and share their views on your query.

Thanks.

#24 ·
Hi All,

I need some expert suggestions for my eligibility of 189/190.

I have done

1- BSc Maths(Full Time) - 2006
2- 3 Yrs Software Engineering Diploma (GNIIT)- 2011
3- MCA in Software Engineering Diploma - 2013 (Correspondence SMU)
4- Started working in IT domain from 2010 on Contract basis 2010 - 2011
5- Permanent in IT domain from 2011 - Till Date

Please confirm if I am eligible...
Do they count gap in job/education as well...

#25 ·
Hi Toshee

You are definitely eligible. Also, you can get your GNIIT assessed from ACS they would count that. I got a +ve assessment for the same.
Regarding, the gap in education, ACS would only consider your experience after your complete completion of your education I. E. MCA in your case.

So, as per my understanding they would consider IT experience after 2013.

Reactions: Toshee
#26 ·
Do they consider Correspondence SMU MCA ?
I think I have 2 Years experience to fulfill ACS eligibility requirement but cannot claim points for it, correct ?

#27 ·
I think they would consider as you'll have similar degree as a regular student would have.

Yes, ACS would deduct initial 2 years of your experience to get the requirement met date for the or criteria.

#28 ·
Acs Assessment Positive

This is for folks who have done GNIIT or DNIIT, I have got my ACS assessed as positive

"Your GNIIT (Software Engineering) from NIIT Limited completed August 2008 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing."

I have around 9 years of experience in IT but they did not consider the first 2 years and deducted the other 5 years since the education was a diploma. For the first two years they mentioned that it is not assessable due to insufficient documentation, I am not sure why, as I had submitted both statutory declaration as well as the termination letter, I have emailed them regarding this and awaiting reply.

For GNIIT you need to have the following documents:
1. GNIIT Certificate
2. All the Semester performance report total would be around 6, two for each year.

Needless to mention that it should be a true copy. If anyone has any queries for GNIIT assessment I would be happy to help.

#29 ·
B.Com + HDSE aptech

This is for folks who have done GNIIT or DNIIT, I have got my ACS assessed as positive

"Your GNIIT (Software Engineering) from NIIT Limited completed August 2008 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing."

I have around 9 years of experience in IT but they did not consider the first 2 years and deducted the other 5 years since the education was a diploma. For the first two years they mentioned that it is not assessable due to insufficient documentation, I am not sure why, as I had submitted both statutory declaration as well as the termination letter, I have emailed them regarding this and awaiting reply.

For GNIIT you need to have the following documents:
1. GNIIT Certificate
2. All the Semester performance report total would be around 6, two for each year.

Needless to mention that it should be a true copy. If anyone has any queries for GNIIT assessment I would be happy to help.
Hi Ravi,

I am in a similar situation. Would like to know, if HDSE from aptech would be considered? Earlier versions of ACS document, it has said HDSE and GNIIT was recongized but the latest document doesnot have any mention of this. So, I am confused now. It would be a great help, for any positive reply to this.

Thanks

#33 ·
NEed some help related to GNIIT

Hi,

Esteemed and knowledgeable member would you please guide me with my ACS evaluation ?
I am targeting to score full 8 years exp would it be possible with below timelines.

Job Position No of years
++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  1. Graduation B.com(P) | 1999 to 2002 ------------->3y
  2. Co 1 Trainee | 1-Jul-04 to 30-Jun-06 -->2y
  3. GNIIT | 12jun03 to 12-Jun-06 -----> 3y
  4. Co1 Permanent | 1-Jul-06 to 5-Oct-07 ------> 1 Y 3m
  5. co 2. Permanent | 9-Oct-07 to 24-May-18 --> 10y 7m
  6. MCA (Dist. learning) | Jan-10

Total Experience  14 y
Experience excluding Training  12 Y

Case 1:-
If I submit only Grad degree  In case ACS does not consider my training experience, they will deduct 6 years of experience, I will get points for 6 y of experience only, and would not reach the required points tally. In case ACS considers trainee period for deducting years, then I will reach 8 years and that will work.

Question --> Does ACS considers training period while deducting suitability Experience??

Case 2:- If I submit my Grad + GNIIT --> GNIIT is considered as an advanced diploma, not sure how many years ACS will deduct, if they deduct less than 4 years, I will qualify.
Question  How many years of experience gets deducted if person holds non-ICT degree and 3 years advance diploma.

Case 3:- If I submit my grad + GNIIT + MCA -->
Does ACS Considers Distance Learning MCA ?
How many years of Experience would they deduct for suitability?
Would they deduct Experience only after completion of MCA?
What combination can get me 8+ years of experience accredited by ACS?

I know it a very legthy post hope you could shed some light from your exp....

Regards,
Avijeet

#34 · (Edited)
@Ganesha.aus
Trainee period is not counted so it's 12 years worth ex
MCA distance learning not counted.
Left with case 1 with 6 years deducted minimum if through rpl
Education points will be 0 though
Work ex : 5 to 8 years
Case 2 : minimum 5 years will be deducted if GNIIT diploma considered.
Work ex : 5 to 8 years

Also what anzco code you wanna get assessment in is not mentioned.
Still you can take others advise, as I am no expert.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.