Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For MSC(IT), Masters of science in information technology applicants.

Can I show experience 20+ hours alongside studies to get positive ACS skills assessment?

I wanna apply as I finished my degree and don't wanna wait to gain 2 years experience. The degree was full-time.

is it possible to get ACS assessment with experience alongside studies?

I don't want to claim points for the experience but I want to have an assessment done right now without waiting for 2 years.

Thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone from this forum share some thought on my question..

Would really appreciate your answer.

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
No, you don't have to necessarily hide your masters. I will reply in more detail over this weekend.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No, you don't have to necessarily hide your masters. I will reply in more detail over this weekend.
No worries I can wait for your answer. I mentioned you again because no one is replying me and also I could not find information on Internet.

I got your message but could not able to respond back.

Thank you so much for your reply here. Really appreciate your time.

Vishal
<SNIP> Inappropriate comment - http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ge...-please-read-before-posting.html#post13155218 kaju/moderator

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi :)
Could you please confirm that it is possible to get ACS assessment with experience alongside studies?

At the ACS website in the FAQ section you can read:

I was working part time whilst I was studying. Will this experience be assessed?

If your work experience was completed as a part of your qualification this will not be counted as suitable in your final result.
How should I understand this?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi :)
Could you please confirm that it is possible to get ACS assessment with experience alongside studies?

At the ACS website in the FAQ section you can read:

How should I understand this?
That statement means work experience that was required to complete the qualification itself cannot be counted. For instance, as part of my masters degree, the final semester was "industrial training" which required me to work in a professional setup (as an intern), gain 6 months of work experience, prepare a report, etc and provide it to the university. This work experience cannot be counted.

I think in your case, they should consider the experience you have as it seems to have met their requirements (paid, 20+ hours, etc).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts