Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences.

I am in kind of a tricky situation. It would be really helpful, if someone can shed some light on my situation.

I have a BTech in Mechanical Engineering with not much of related Computer Science work for which I am sure will be considered as a ICT Minor. I also have a Masters in Mechanical Engineering but with related computer science course work (More related to Machine Learning and Neural Networks). My Masters thesis is on implementing and developing Machine Learning techniques. I also have 3.5 Years full time experience in IT prior my Masters and almost 5 years experience as a Research Assistant (Part Time - 20 Hours a Week) in IT for which I am also providing the experience letter from my University. It's just ironic that I am getting a Mechanical Engineering degree without any knowledge on Mechanical Knowledge.

Could someone let me know if I can submit my documents for ACS directly or should I go through the process of RPL just to be on safer side?

Does anyone believe that I have a chance of getting my degree accessed as ICT Major?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think you should proceed with RPL . Your education should also be assessed by vetasesse along with ACS assessment.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. But don't you think my Masters should be assessed as a ICT Major since it has Computer Science course work? Ain't Machine Learning course work considered to be computer science?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am same case as you, I have a B.Tech in Mechanical and had to do RPL. As I work in IT. You will need to submit your RPL, its very simple & nothing else will work.

Firstly, Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences.

I am in kind of a tricky situation. It would be really helpful, if someone can shed some light on my situation.

I have a BTech in Mechanical Engineering with not much of related Computer Science work for which I am sure will be considered as a ICT Minor. I also have a Masters in Mechanical Engineering but with related computer science course work (More related to Machine Learning and Neural Networks). My Masters thesis is on implementing and developing Machine Learning techniques. I also have 3.5 Years full time experience in IT prior my Masters and almost 5 years experience as a Research Assistant (Part Time - 20 Hours a Week) in IT for which I am also providing the experience letter from my University. It's just ironic that I am getting a Mechanical Engineering degree without any knowledge on Mechanical Knowledge.

Could someone let me know if I can submit my documents for ACS directly or should I go through the process of RPL just to be on safer side?

Does anyone believe that I have a chance of getting my degree accessed as ICT Major?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts