Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gurus,
I have done my Btech in Electrical Engineering from India , in which i had quite a few number of courses related to ICT units. I have an experience of 5 years working in the IT industry ( in India and Australia ). I have worked in Australia for 1.5 years now. Please find below the list of courses i had during my engineering degree.Please let me know how many years ACS is going to deduct and under which category (ICT minor /ICT major) my degree is going to fall as i am planing to apply for ACS assessment in 261312 - Developer Programmer soon ?

In 1st sem >
C programming theory
C programming Lab

In 2nd sem >
Data Structures Theory
Data Structures lab

In 3rd sem >
Object oriented programming C++ theory
Object oriented programming C++ lab

In 4th sem >
Relational Database Management theory
Relational Database Management Lab

In 5th sem >
Micro Processor and controller Theory
Micro Processor and controller lab

In 7th sem >
Soft Computing

In 8th Sem >
Internet & web technology
Computer Networks

Thanks In Advance...:)

·
Registered
469 Posts
I just got my ACS assessment today. I have also done EEE from India and 4 years were deducted in my case. I suppose the same might happen in your case as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got my ACS assessment today. I have also done EEE from India and 4 years were deducted in my case. I suppose the same might happen in your case as well.
Thanks for reply gd2015.

Under which section (ICT major/minor) your assessment was made. How many days it took to get the result since you submit your application to ACS . Does ACS consider the days during which they are assessing your application in your experience?

·
Registered
63 Posts

Did you attach any declaration related to training and projects during BTECH ? I heard that people having less ICT content are attaching declaration that they have studied ICT during vocational training and projects

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Did you attach any declaration related to training and projects during BTECH ? I heard that people having less ICT content are attaching declaration that they have studied ICT during vocational training and projects
I didnt attach any declaration and my degree was assessed as Major in computing. Please refer to my post here
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-processing-timelines-2015-a.html#post7602946

Btw can u tell me how to update signature here? :p I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
There is no such option to attach project reports (unless yours is a RPL application). The only options to upload documents are:
For education:
- Certificate
- Completion Letter
- Exemption Letter
- Testamur
- Transcript

For employment:
- Organization Chart
- Reference
- Statutory Declaration

If there was any such requirement to provide proejct reports, they would have clearly stated it in the Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is no such option to attach project reports (unless yours is a RPL application). The only options to upload documents are:
For education:
- Certificate
- Completion Letter
- Exemption Letter
- Testamur
- Transcript

For employment:
- Organization Chart
- Reference
- Statutory Declaration

If there was any such requirement to provide proejct reports, they would have clearly stated it in the Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

I have following subjects in mine degree during which i studied Oracle 9i Database and cleared the oracle exam

I am thinking for attaching a declaration mentioning that i have studied RDMS during vocational training college which will increase mine ICT content substantially

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
You cannot attach any self declaration and expect them to accept that. The course contents should be on University transcript/ marksheet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Following subjects are mentioned on the marksheet such as

Workshop Practice
Vocational training
Computer Lab
Seminar -ll
Project
Vocational training

I was thinking of adding some information about these in declaration in addition to mine marksheets

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Following subjects are mentioned on the marksheet such as

Workshop Practice
Vocational training
Computer Lab
Seminar -ll
Project
Vocational training

I was thinking of adding some information about these in declaration in addition to mine marksheets
You can get a detailed syllabus from your University, get it stamped and signed from them and append the syllabus pages to your marksheets pdf. I suggest you do that because "Computer Lab" does not really explain what you studied in the lab- just learnt word processing tools or did some real software design/ programming. But if the degree/ university/ marksheets are same as someone who posted above about getting a positive assessment without having to provide syllabus, then yours should not be any different outcome either.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Gurus,
I have done my Btech in Electrical Engineering from India , in which i had quite a few number of courses related to ICT units. I have an experience of 5 years working in the IT industry ( in India and Australia ). I have worked in Australia for 1.5 years now. Please find below the list of courses i had during my engineering degree.Please let me know how many years ACS is going to deduct and under which category (ICT minor /ICT major) my degree is going to fall as i am planing to apply for ACS assessment in 261312 - Developer Programmer soon ?

In 1st sem >
C programming theory
C programming Lab

In 2nd sem >
Data Structures Theory
Data Structures lab

In 3rd sem >
Object oriented programming C++ theory
Object oriented programming C++ lab

In 4th sem >
Relational Database Management theory
Relational Database Management Lab

In 5th sem >
Micro Processor and controller Theory
Micro Processor and controller lab

In 7th sem >
Soft Computing

In 8th Sem >
Internet & web technology
Computer Networks

Thanks In Advance...:)
Hi,

I have done B.Tech Electrical Engineering and got positive assessment from ACS. They deducted 4 years of my experience and assessed B.Tech as "MAJOR IN ICT"

ACS took 7 days of total time to give me this result.

As per your content i can see positive assessment with 4 years of deduction. Cheerz!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,

I have done B.Tech Electrical Engineering and got positive assessment from ACS. They deducted 4 years of my experience and assessed B.Tech as "MAJOR IN ICT"

ACS took 7 days of total time to give me this result.

As per your content i can see positive assessment with 4 years of deduction. Cheerz!!

below are the subjects from mine DMC

Fundamental on information technology

Computer programming via C/C++

Business systems

Operation research

Microprocessor

Software lab

Advanced microprocessor

Computer lab

Artificial intelligence

Computer networking

Computer architecture

what do you think....will i get ICT major..or should i attach syllabus also

·
Registered
87 Posts

Business systems

Operation research

Microprocessor

Software lab

Advanced microprocessor

Computer lab

Artificial intelligence

Computer networking

Computer architecture

To me, it must be assessed as Major in Computing...
You have better ICT content as compared to mine.

·
Registered
960 Posts

Business systems

Operation research

Microprocessor

Software lab

Advanced microprocessor

Computer lab

Artificial intelligence

Computer networking

Computer architecture

To be considered ICT Major, A Bachelor degree must have:
33% ICT content for a 3 year course
• 25% ICT content for a 4 year course
• 20% ICT content for a 5 year course

Also 65% of the content should match the nominated occupation to be considered closely matching.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi ,

My total experience is 4 years 11 month running for which i have experience letter as well from my employers.

Can i Do ASC assessment now as in my case maximum chances of 4years is going to be deducted by ACS.
I have to then do EOI for PR.Then by the time i will get the invitation from Immi( in 1.5 month time period) my experience would be 1yr or above so i can get 5 points there. OR i should wait for 1.5 months to have 5 years of experience in total and then do ACS.

PLEASE ADVICE ON THIS !!!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi ,

My total experience is 4 years 11 month running for which i have experience letter as well from my employers.

Can i Do ASC assessment now as in my case maximum chances of 4years is going to be deducted by ACS.
I have to then do EOI for PR.Then by the time i will get the invitation from Immi( in 1.5 month time period) my experience would be 1yr or above so i can get 5 points there. OR i should wait for 1.5 months to have 5 years of experience in total and then do ACS.

PLEASE ADVICE ON THIS !!!
Is your experience Australian or overseas? Because if it is non-Australian experience, then just 1 year worth of experience does not fetch you any points.

Edit: And as for your query- you can go ahead and do your assessment and get say x.11 months of ACS certified skilled experience. When you file the EOI, leave the to-date for the current employment empty so that the system awards you points for x+1 years automatically after a month (provided your EOI has not resulted in an invite yet). Your points would thus automatically increase with higher chances of getting an instant invite in the following EOI round. At visa stage, ensure that you provide enough evidence of your continued skilled employment during the period x+11m till application date.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts