Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am going for my ACS assessment very soon. I have worked in 3 companies till now and I have service letters of all 3 but it doesn't mention my roles and responsibilities. Hence I have got statutory declarations from my ex managers and current manager.
The problem is that my ex manager from my 1st organization is expecting and might go on maternity leave very soon. In that scenario she might not be reachable.

I am worried in case ACS guys contact her and if she is not reachable what will be the implications? Will my experience from 1st company be considered or they might just not consider it in case she doesn't respond?

Seniors request you to please respond

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone pls reply.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
1. ACS never contacts your references. At least I have never come across anyone here whose case was verified by ACS. It is DIBP who may contact.

2. Your ex-manager might have access to emails at home I suppose. So, at least that part is covered. As for phone verification on her desk number, ask her if she can inform her colleague to answer her desk phone and inform the caller about her leave, and should they still would like to talk to her, then, depending on her willingness/ situation, give them her mobile number, or ask them to call back after a certain period when she would be back in office.

Also, it is mostly the current employment that they verify. But, there are slight chances that they may want to verify your previous ones too.

Make sure that you present your visa case with enough evidence that you were employed- payslips + matching bank statements, appointment/ promotion letters, tax documents, etc.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot KeeDa ( However strange that may sound :p). Your reply clarifies a lot of doubts.

But I am still wondering, won't ACS guys contact Managers for Skill assessment. I was under the impression they will be contacting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts