Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have been working as an IT Manager since last 2 years. Overall experience 4 years after having bachelor degree in computer science. Planning to apply ACS assessment very soon under 2231-79 (Linux). The problem, that is arising in my mind is my designation. As per asco code i am under 1224-11 which is not in MODL. I am working in a small organization (Textile). If ACS assess me under 1224-11 then I will loose the bonus point and even will loose CSL facility. So can anybody tell me how ACS will assess me as i am looking after a small organization as an IT Manager. But overall responsibility is like an System Administrator. Is designation a factor?

Rabeya

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi

welcome to the forum

they might assess you with code 2231-11, which is systems manager. you can get state sponsorship (ACT list has 2231-11), are you into firewall security as well? can u manage documents to prove that is what you do? if yes then u can get the CSL points as well. Just check the CSL, see which all skills are listed in it, try and make your CV in such a way that it stresses more on say network security (currently on CSL), get references etc for similar field and you will make it, else other route is state sponsorship (as i mentioned earlier)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

welcome to the forum

they might assess you with code 2231-11, which is systems manager. you can get state sponsorship (ACT list has 2231-11), are you into firewall security as well? can u manage documents to prove that is what you do? if yes then u can get the CSL points as well. Just check the CSL, see which all skills are listed in it, try and make your CV in such a way that it stresses more on say network security (currently on CSL), get references etc for similar field and you will make it, else other route is state sponsorship (as i mentioned earlier)

Thank you very much. You just slightly bypassed my question. I mentioned the asco code that I am interested is 2231-79 LINUX. I have sufficient documents for being successfully assessed on LINUX 2231-79. My question was about my DESIGNATION. Can anybody, holding designation IT MANAGER, get 2231-79 LINUX?
I am officially IT Manager but working as System Administrator under Linux platform (RED HAT) and CV is well stressed on LINUX. In addition, Is there any chance to be UNSUITABLE for submatting ACS as 2231-79 LINUX?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you can give all documents but they give the assessment as per the documents provided, if they feel you can be assessed as 2231-79, they will. Trust me, designation doesnt make a difference, it entirely depends on the company hierarchy. Incase they do give you an asco code which you think is not appropriate, you can always file for re-assessment for which the fee is about 30$. Give it a shot, u never know

cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts