Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Today I received ACS assessment letter. I submitted the letter on 8th June.
My experience starts from March 2005. However they have considered employment after JUNE 2007 to equate the work. They have assessed the experience upto JUNE 2015.

Now the problem is: my total experience years according to ACS assessment letter, becomes 7 years and 10 months. According to the start and end calculation, i.e. from June 2007 to June 2015, it become exactly 8 years. But when I count the individual employment assessment, it become 7 years and 10 months, which is unfair I think.

This is due to the fact that 2 months are being missed while calculation, i.e. March 2011 and January 2014. Actually one job I left on 25th Feb 2011 and next job I started on 2nd March 2011 and left that company on 31st December and after that I joined another company on 1st January 2014.

Here is my employment assessment:

Dates: 03/05 - 10/09 (4yrs 7mths)
Position: Software Engineer
Employer: ****

Dates: 10/09 - 02/11 (1yrs 4mths)
Position: Senior Software Engineer

Dates: 03/11 - 12/13 (2yrs 9mths)

Dates: 01/14 - 06/15 (1yrs 5mths)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You should strictly follow the ACS assessment letter while updating your EOI and then VISA application.

REFER to my following post to understand HOW TO update your EOI as per ACS letter to AVOID Over-claiming points AND DIRECT VISA REFUSAL and NO REFUND.

EOI Update to Avoid Over-claiming of Points | Visa-Refusal IF Over-claimed Points

Hi all
Today I received ACS assessment letter. I submitted the letter on 8th June.
My experience starts from March 2005. However they have considered employment after JUNE 2007 to equate the work. They have assessed the experience upto JUNE 2015.

Now the problem is: my total experience years according to ACS assessment letter, becomes 7 years and 10 months. According to the start and end calculation, i.e. from June 2007 to June 2015, it become exactly 8 years. But when I count the individual employment assessment, it become 7 years and 10 months, which is unfair I think.

This is due to the fact that 2 months are being missed while calculation, i.e. March 2011 and January 2014. Actually one job I left on 25th Feb 2011 and next job I started on 2nd March 2011 and left that company on 31st December and after that I joined another company on 1st January 2014.

Here is my employment assessment:

Dates: 03/05 - 10/09 (4yrs 7mths)
Position: Software Engineer

Dates: 10/09 - 02/11 (1yrs 4mths)

Dates: 03/11 - 12/13 (2yrs 9mths)

Dates: 01/14 - 06/15 (1yrs 5mths)

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Enter the relevant employment details in your EOI exactly as the ACS letter says and leave it to the EOI system to calculate your employment points. If you are still employed in the same role, for your last employment, leave the To-Date field blank so that after 2 months, in case if you have not received the invite by then, the system automatically upgrades your experience to 8 years and increases your EOI points.

Also, when you apply for the visa, along with your current employment reference documents (the ones that you submitted to ACS), get a new reference from your current employer for the period June-2015 till current so that the CO is satisfied that you indeed are eligible for the points awarded to you.

Edit: This new reference letter is important (as mentioned above by Jeeten), otherwise, CO might consider that you over-claimed points equivalent to 8 years of experience. Ref: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...nt-subclass-189-visa-refused-help-needed.html

·
Registered
96 Posts
Enter the relevant employment details in your EOI exactly as the ACS letter says and leave it to the EOI system to calculate your employment points. If you are still employed in the same role, for your last employment, leave the To-Date field blank so that after 2 months, in case if you have not received the invite by then, the system automatically upgrades your experience to 8 years and increases your EOI points.

Also, when you apply for the visa, along with your current employment reference documents (the ones that you submitted to ACS), get a new reference from your current employer for the period June-2015 till current so that the CO is satisfied that you indeed are eligible for the points awarded to you.

Edit: This new reference letter is important (as mentioned above by Jeeten), otherwise, CO might consider that you over-claimed points equivalent to 8 years of experience. Ref: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/676489-skilled-independent-subclass-189-visa-refused-help-needed.html
Hi,

Yes, if you can get the notification letter from HR that you are still employed with the same company. If not, you can also prove that by providing payslips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts