Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have some confusion in my ACS assessment results and am getting some cold feet before visa application -

I have worked in two companies in total, say Company 1 and Company 2.

For Company 1, I was always a base employee of India. However, I worked for 2 6 months stints onsite in UK.

My reference letter from Company 1 is issued from India and details my roles and responsibilities

For Company 2, I initially worked in India but then I moved permanently to Bahrain where I worked for 11 months and then came back to India.

The reference letter got issued from India and mentions the starting date as the one that I initially started working in the company and hence covers the whole period.

However, the reference letter does not break down my employment on the basis of countries worked in and hence my ACS assessment gives me credit for this employment in Country INDIA.

Could someone please let me know if this is an issue?

I talked to the HR and they said that if they get a call from Australian Immigration they can confirm that I have been employed with Company 2 for the whole period.

Does anyone think that I should withdraw my EOI, get the ACS assessment done again with fresh Reference letters from the company? My application process will be pushed back by around 3 months in such a case.

Regards

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any help on this will be much appreciated!

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Its not suppose to be an issue as all your work experience are NON-Australian anyway.. however, it won't be a good idea if your Second HR says you worked the entire period in India only as you may have to detail out your travel history in Form 80, which may lead to unwanted confusions if you declare you were in Bahrain from TO - FROM and your HR says you were working in India at that time.

I think just declaring your travel history+reason properly shouldn't raise any issue. But they may ask for Bahrain PCC.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dear All,

I have some confusion in my ACS assessment results and am getting some cold feet before visa application -

I have worked in two companies in total, say Company 1 and Company 2.

For Company 1, I was always a base employee of India. However, I worked for 2 6 months stints onsite in UK.

My reference letter from Company 1 is issued from India and details my roles and responsibilities

For Company 2, I initially worked in India but then I moved permanently to Bahrain where I worked for 11 months and then came back to India.

The reference letter got issued from India and mentions the starting date as the one that I initially started working in the company and hence covers the whole period.

However, the reference letter does not break down my employment on the basis of countries worked in and hence my ACS assessment gives me credit for this employment in Country INDIA.

Could someone please let me know if this is an issue?

I talked to the HR and they said that if they get a call from Australian Immigration they can confirm that I have been employed with Company 2 for the whole period.

Does anyone think that I should withdraw my EOI, get the ACS assessment done again with fresh Reference letters from the company? My application process will be pushed back by around 3 months in such a case.

Regards
In my opinion you should have no problem as u have worked for this company when u were Bahrain too .As ur company2 says they will tell DIAC that you worked with them for whole period, I don't see a problem then.
Note: if u were in Bahrain for atleast 1 year than u will need a PCC from that country,otherwise ur good to go..
Am i right senior expats??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Guys...your responses give me some relief

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do we need to submit payslips for all years of experience during the visa application process?

I only have Bahrain payslips for my tenure there as I was not employed by the Indian entity of the company during that time...will that create issues?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Do we need to submit payslips for all years of experience during the visa application process? I only have Bahrain payslips for my tenure there as I was not employed by the Indian entity of the company during that time...will that create issues?
your offer letter, form 16 from India should suffice.

Offer letter
Form 16
Bahrain pay slip / bank statement

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just a question, will you be able to get assessment for your education as well? Let say in my case, I'm a bachelors degree graduate in Electronics Engineering in a country outside Australia but my work here is in the field of IT? So my degree is different with my work here
electronics engineering - until few months back was equivalent to AQF - bachelor degree with major in computing. I hope it still holds good. I got my ACS in 2012 and so I maybe a little outdated. Check on other threads for more up to date info. Good luck !

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi thinkpanther,

since you were employed by the India company during the entire time and only sent to Bahrain on assignment, that should not be a problem. Make sure you have sufficient evidence of your salary for all work periods (i.e. payslips or tax return documents or bank statements).

paintingperfection, there is unfortunately no guarantee that a bachelor degree in electronics engineering will be assessed as equivalent to an Australian bachelor with a major in ICT. It depends on the curriculum (and length) of your particular degree. I've seen quite a few who got assessment as a minor in ICT and there were some who got "down-graded" to an advanced degree or something like that. To quote from the ACS Skills Assessmnet Guidelines:
The ICT Major and Minor assessment is based on the percentage of ICT units and the percentage of ICT
units closely related to the nominated occupation.
As a guide, a major in a Bachelor degree must have a minimum of 33% ICT content. Such ICT content must progress through all years of the program with at least one third of it being at a demonstrably advanced final year level.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts