Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi There,

I'm in the process of applying for ACS skills assessment, but, really confused about nominating my occupation as Analyst Programmer (261311) or Developer Programmer (261212).

I've a IT degree with a lot of Software Engineering/Programming related subjects. Find below my duties/responsibilities:

• Understanding business/technical requirements
  • Communicating with the client team to clarify and finalise ambiguous or incomplete business/technical requirements
  • Developing applications as per the technical requirements specification
  • Reviewing developed program code
  • Developing of test scripts used in unit testing
  • Documenting test results
  • Fixing defects detected during the unit testing phase
  • Ensuring high-quality throughout the process

I'd be thankful if someone can help me with selecting an occupation. (I've observed that a lot of people opt for Developer Programmer and few for Analyst Programmer. Is this just me?)

Thanks,
armandra!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its better to choose a code that closely relates to the designations you had in your jobs. What were your designations in your job history?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its better to choose a code that closely relates to the designations you had in your jobs. What were your designations in your job history?
Software Engineer, but the way ACS classification goes, software engineer is a technical/solution architect, which I'm not of course.

Can anyone help please .....................

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am the same case as you are. My last four years of work experience was as a software engineer. but the details on ACS Website for Software engineer were different, fortunately my experience letter shows the designation software developer, so i applied for Developer programmer.

I would suggest you the same. Try to match the designation in your Experience and reference letters, this is most important.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did you finally get through the ACS assessment? I would like to know how it went for you and if you could offer any advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts