Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dears,

This is my first post in this cool forum ...

IELTS: 6 => 0 Points
Employment: 5+ Years => 10 Points :help:
Qualifications: BSc Computer Engineering => 15 Points

ANZCODE 135112
ACS Submit: 01-JUN-2013
ACS +ve: 12-SEP-2013
IELTS: R6 W6.5 L6.5 S7.5
VISA Type: 190
STATE: WA (Perth)

But the problem is ACS only recognized the 5years and 5months which are related directly to the ANZCODE 135112.

My question is:
Am I still eligible to submit to get an extra 5 points by DIAC for the years of experience that ACS says they are not related to the ANZCODE 135112?

My experience is as follows:
  1. 1y 1m IT Instructor (not submitted to ACS)
  2. 2y 6m Developer
  3. 1y 4m System Integration
  4. 1y 0m Development Team Leader
  5. 1y 1m System Architect
  6. 5y 5m IT Manager
Total: 11+ years or 12+ including #1

Best Regards,
Mohamad Sibai

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well... I am not sure about this but as far as I know... only that experience will be counted which is recognized by assessment authority as this is what they are meant for.. and this letter is required at every stage of the process and it would be very difficult to proof something which is already not accepted by one authority..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Imf9 for your reply

I have spoke to my employer and agreed to have another letter of experience that mentions 8+ years of the same scope of the code.

The question is, is there any possibility that ACS will reject thr new request?

·
Registered
50 Posts
are you going to submitt it to ACS again??

·
Registered
470 Posts
I hope this SAD Update will help you :

Received another email from NSW today. I had ACS with old format but CO has asked me to reduce experience in EOI. According to her, ACS new rules do affect old version as well.

I cleared ACS through RPL. Therefore, 6 years have been deducted from my experience leaving behind only 5.5 years. Will lose 5 points because of this but don't have any other option.

Email has been pasted below for reference
--------------------------------------------------------

There have been changes in the way ACS is reporting employment experience which affects applicants with an older version of the ACS Skill Assessment. I have contacted ACS on your behalf and they advised me that he met the ACS requirements on April 2008- which means only employment after this date is considered skilled employment. In light of this, you can only claim work experience outside Australia for 5-8 years. Please adjust your EOI to reflect this change, or alternatively you may wish to contact ACS if you believe there has been an error in their reporting.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ate-sponsorship-progress-711.html#post1720050

·
Registered
584 Posts
I hope this SAD Update will help you :

Received another email from NSW today. I had ACS with old format but CO has asked me to reduce experience in EOI. According to her, ACS new rules do affect old version as well.

I cleared ACS through RPL. Therefore, 6 years have been deducted from my experience leaving behind only 5.5 years. Will lose 5 points because of this but don't have any other option.

Email has been pasted below for reference
--------------------------------------------------------

There have been changes in the way ACS is reporting employment experience which affects applicants with an older version of the ACS Skill Assessment. I have contacted ACS on your behalf and they advised me that he met the ACS requirements on April 2008- which means only employment after this date is considered skilled employment. In light of this, you can only claim work experience outside Australia for 5-8 years. Please adjust your EOI to reflect this change, or alternatively you may wish to contact ACS if you believe there has been an error in their reporting.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ate-sponsorship-progress-711.html#post1720050
then how come people are getting grants on old ACS with full experience?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thats sad.. .

·
Registered
50 Posts
things are getting tougher day by day.... like hike in fees and tough assesment ruels

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is too bad About2013

Well, for me I am planning to re-submit an new ACS assessment application mentioning 8+ years of the same ANZCODE.

I still wonder if ACS will relate the two applications together and therfore reject the new application or have the same assessment again?

BR,
Mohamad Sibai

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have submitter new assessment request to ACS.

I hope I can get it assessed well after 3+ months :)

·
Registered
108 Posts

Well, for me I am planning to re-submit an new ACS assessment application mentioning 8+ years of the same ANZCODE.

I still wonder if ACS will relate the two applications together and therfore reject the new application or have the same assessment again?

BR,
Mohamad Sibai
you can get same ACS assesment updated by providing new documents if time frame is within 3 months without paying any additional fees.

Reactions: About2013

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you can get same ACS assesment updated by providing new documents if time frame is within 3 months without paying any additional fees.
Well, I doubt ..

Please refer to the following URL:
acs.org.au /migration-skills-assessment/faqs/During-your-Application

And check the question:
My application is at stage 4 but I want to include additional documents, will you consider these?

Note that:
Stage 4: Your Application is being Assessed by an Authorised Assessor.

BR

·
Registered
90 Posts

BR,
Mohamad Sibai
Hi,
I have also been in the same problem where initially I did not submit my initial experience, but when I came to know ACS is deducting the exprience then I spoke to ACS and ACS told me to go for review of my case and to submit my initial experience letters also.
Review was done by them in 7 days only they only go through the new documents submitted when you go for a review.
And also the fee for a review is only 350 AUD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the late advice abhaytomar ;)

I already submitted the new assessment application and paid A$450.

Hopefully it will be OK this time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
did you get new assessment?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts