Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys...

Could you plse guide me on ACS assessment, I am confused due to the trimming of 2 to 4 years exp that is happening lately. Here are my details, could you advise if I will be able to claim 8 years exp, and which ANZSCO should I apply, my role is matching 261312, 261313 code responsibilities.

Education : Bachelor and Masters Degree in Computer Science
Work Exp. : 9 years in single company, I have got reference letter as " Application Developer".

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Exp certi + Degree = ANZSCO

After completing assessment you will get more door open to get VISA.

Note: ANZSCO is depend on ACS criteria. You can refer their site too for more details.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hello Guys...

Could you plse guide me on ACS assessment, I am confused due to the trimming of 2 to 4 years exp that is happening lately. Here are my details, could you advise if I will be able to claim 8 years exp, and which ANZSCO should I apply, my role is matching 261312, 261313 code responsibilities.

Work Exp. : 9 years in single company, I have got reference letter as " Application Developer".

Thanks in advance.
hi friend,

See, if the roles and responsibilities you currently perform are for two different profiles yet under the same group code, then you can apply for either position 1 or 2. However, check your current roles against the roles and responsibilities of both occupations mentioned by DIAC and decide the occupation you are going to apply for. Moreover, choose one profile and get the letter of roles and responsibilities from your immediate manager stating the roles for one occupation only. In this way, you could make it very specific for your skills assessment and you will get your skills for that profile only.

Interesting thing is that most or few of the roles and responsibilities defined by diac for one occupation normally matches with other occupation as well. For example, the description for Telecom network engineer, telecom field engineer and telecom engineer overlap with each other. But, you don't need to panic as you don't have restriction to work on any job other than the one to which you got the positive outcome. In short, only the positive result from ACS does matter a lot and not the occupation you got it for on condition that you perform that roles as well. Once you get the visa, you can work on any role in aussie and DIAC doesn't have any authority to ask you. So, no need to panic.

Moreover, bachelor of engineering in computer science is closely related to the above occupation and eventually you may get the deduction of maximum of 2 years under work experience with the advent of new rule.

So, try to get the letter of job description from your boss for one occupation and for sure, you will get the positive result.

All the best,
sathiya

·
Registered
141 Posts
To be frank, the ACS assessment team is deducting 2-3 yrs from everyone's irrespective of all the docs provided in place. For safer side, I advise you to reduce this 2-3 yrs exp. and then calculate your points.

-Pk

Reactions: alwaysonnet

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello Guys...

Thanks in advance.
Before applying ACS make sure your check all roles and responsibiliies. They should match most. Before selecting the ANZSCO code, refer through the subjects they consider for assessment. Pickup the best code which suits you.

Before calculating the points, deduct 2-3 years to arrive to your final score.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts