Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Experts,

Back in 2012, I received a positive assessment for 3 years 3 months, Later on i didn't submit my EOI and assessment expires.

Now, I would like to submit my assessment again, but the problem is i recently joined a new company and they might not provide Experience letter at this moment.However, all together my experience till last company is 7 year 10 months.

Can I claim 8 years of experience while submitting an EOI ??

·
Registered
23,959 Posts
Dear Experts,

Back in 2012, I received a positive assessment for 3 years 3 months, Later on i didn't submit my EOI and assessment expires.

Now, I would like to submit my assessment again, but the problem is i recently joined a new company and they might not provide Experience letter at this moment.However, all together my experience till last company is 7 year 10 months.

ACS assessment is only valid for 2 years
So the assessment of 2012 is no longer valid and you would have to get it done again anyways

Now If you want to claim points for the new company, then you have to include that also in the fresh assessment and provide evidence as required under the ACS rules

If you do not have the evidence then you cannot claim points for the new company, not even for 2 months

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In reference to my last post, i would like to ask how much "Position Title" is important while applying for ACS.

For instance, I was having a designation "Senior Manager - Technology Infrastructure" in one company for around 2 years and my responsibilities were related to Network Administrator..

Here, my question is can I use title "Network administrator" or "Senior Manager" is more suitable ? . On my experience letter my designation is Senior Manager..

Appreciate your help

·
Registered
213 Posts
Dear Experts,

First of all, try to get a new experience letter from you last organization, for whatever duration you have worked there. Note, since you have worked in only one company so far and your new employer is not providing you with a Exp letter. Make sure, the Job description of your Anzesco code is specified in your experience/R and R letter.
For example, If you are applying for 261312(developer/Programmer) then make sure words like implementation, development is repeated in your roles and responsibility bullet points. It hardly matters if your current designation is team lead or Manager, I have seen lots of instances where people have been promoted to Manager but they still do the development work.

Coming to the organization you are working now If they are not ready to provide you with an R & Letter, prepare a statutory declaration, check on this forum what it means.

I highly doubt you will be able to claim 8 years of experience based on the info you have provided but get all documents and I am sure people will be able to help you out further.

·
Registered
213 Posts
In reference to my last post, i would like to ask how much "Position Title" is important while applying for ACS.

For instance, I was having a designation "Senior Manager - Technology Infrastructure" in one company for around 2 years and my responsibilities were related to Network Administrator..

Here, my question is can I use title "Network administrator" or "Senior Manager" is more suitable ? . On my experience letter my designation is Senior Manager..

Appreciate your help
As I have already mentioned, the designation does counts but to a certain level. If you are a manager, it does not means you are not doing any network administration work. You might be managing people being a manager but can always work hands on.

So If I am preparing my R&R for network administration anzesco code, I would put 8 bullets points for my R& R, 6 of them is hands-on network administration work and 2 related to managing people(as I am the manager).

Hope it helps,

Aj

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Things are pretty much clear..thanks for your help..

I got my R&R in the same manner as you guys are suggesting.. besides, just want to know based on your experience, is it fine to mention "Senior Manager" as a job title ?

·
Registered
23,959 Posts
Things are pretty much clear..thanks for your help..

I got my R&R in the same manner as you guys are suggesting.. besides, just want to know based on your experience, is it fine to mention "Senior Manager" as a job title ?
I don’t understand your question
Are you employed or self employed ?

If employed, then your job title is decided by you or your company ?

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm associated with an employer and reason for asking is similarity in job nature, as I mentioned my job role is similar to Network administrator but my job title is Senior Manager, so it is ok to mention Senior Manager ?

·
Registered
23,959 Posts
I'm associated with an employer and reason for asking is similarity in job nature, as I mentioned my job role is similar to Network administrator but my job title is Senior Manager, so it is ok to mention Senior Manager ?
When you apply you have to give the job title given to you by the company and not what you think should be the title based on your role

So you have to mention Senior manager only irrespective of the consequences, if any

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey,

I got a positive assesment. However, they have deducted my 2 years of experience starting from March 2009 till date..as per ACS letter I can count my experience from March 2011 onwards.

Here, I would like to know how should I mention my experience in skill select ? Starting from Mar 2009 or Mar 2011 ?

And how do they shall calculate my points ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey,

I got a positive assesment. However, they have deducted my 2 years of experience starting from March 2009 till date..as per ACS letter I can count my experience from March 2011 onwards.

Here, I would like to know how should I mention my experience in skill select ? Starting from Mar 2009 or Mar 2011 ?

And how do they shall calculate my points ?
Hi Mate
you exp after 2011 only would be considered and you need to select 2011 only

after 2011 all the exp till data can be considered, if you have not changed your company/Role with the latest ACS letter received.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The reson for asking to re-confirm, because I saw few videos where they had added all experiences, but few of them marked as "Not related employment" to exclude from points.However, the experience was relevant.

Because, I have a doubt if i enter only post 2011 experiences they shall not deduct my further 2 years.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The reson for asking to re-confirm, because I saw few videos where they had added all experiences, but few of them marked as "Not related employment" to exclude from points.However, the experience was relevant.

Because, I have a doubt if i enter only post 2011 experiences they shall not deduct my further 2 years.

Thank you
Any experience marked as "Relevant" in the EOI will be used to calculate points.
The experience that is marked as "Not Relevant" will not be used in calculating points.
The system doesn't deduct any experience on its own. It is purely based on how you mark your experience in the EOI.
Add your experience from 2009-2011 in the EOI and mark it as "Not Relevant".
And the remaining experience, add as "Relevant"
You will be good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts