Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So after taken a long time to decide, now I am ready to send my application to ACS for assessment, but before that if any one can give me any idea looking to my education,
Would I be placed for a regular skills assessment by ACS (i.e. Group A, B or C) or RPL (with or without projects);

1. BBA 1995-1996
2. Account Executive job 1997-2001
3. MCSA 2000 certification in 2002
4. Job in IT field ( 2002 – Present)
5. Bs in Computer Science (2003 – 2006)
6. MCSA 2003/MCSA 2003 Security/MCTS/MCTIP/CCNA (2009)

So my total IT field experience is comprised of 7 years, for Group B the total work experience required is 6 years, but unclear is it before or after the Computer related degree, if I count after my IT degree than my total experience is 3 years. Will my MCSA 2000 certification can give me any plus for this problem.

Also does anyone have got the idea about IT Security profession, will it be in revised MODL which is expected to come in Oct’09.

Any advise, suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks! :eek:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi Jovi

BBA is equivalent to graduation, I believe u did it form a recognised institute. now MCSA is a certified course from Microsoft and same goes for CCNA, that wont be counted, when u say BS in Computer Science, was that from a recognised institute? and was it a full time course?

as for 6 yrs for group B, they need 6 yrs in all, which means u hv 2 yrs of experience equivalent to doing a course/masters plus 4 yrs mandatory experience.

No one can comment on what happens to the new CSL, they might just add a few professions which they took off last time or who knows they might make it even smaller. depends on the economic state.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anj,

As usual early response thx, i simply cant understand the word recognized institute, do u mean attested by education department and foriegn office?

Yup my Bs was a full time course, but i do manage the time to continue my job during this tenure of education.

Now what u will comment on it.

Thx!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i checked, u dont fall in group A since u have done BBA and then BSC, which is more or less like doing graduation twice. have u consulted an agent?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey Jovi

Welcome here..
Unfortunately, MCSA CCNA is not counted as qualification in ACS .. however, they do complement your learning.. However, MCSE is counted as Qualification Group B ( which you have already BS Comp Sc.).

Are you planning to apply for Network Security?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
when i say recognised, i wil give u an example, in india, we have pvt institutes which have the same course as the govt recognised colleges for BBA but these pvt ones are not recognised, they teach u, give u a certificate but end of the day the certificates hv no value when u show them to a govt organisation.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No i haven't yet, any way out!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr. India,

Great to see u here as well! Yup i am looking to aply under Network Security, i have already done MCSA 2003 Security track, and currently persuing CCNA Security, but looks I have no way to Aus,

Any how congrate that u have got assessor with u!,

cheers!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Mr. India,

Great to see u here as well! Yup i am looking to aply under Network Security, i have already done MCSA 2003 Security track, and currently persuing CCNA Security, but looks I have no way to Aus,

Any how congrate that u have got assessor with u!,

cheers!
Don't be disappointed, You have a way to Australia.. What Anj1976 is asking if your BSc from Govt institution... Like they have UGC recognised colleges in India.

If that's true, good else, you can write your 2 papers complete ur MCSE and take RPL path.

BTW, I am taking RPL path for network security.

Welcome again to Australia forum.. moderators here are very helpful.
Cheer up buddy.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx Mr. India, now the story is this my BBA is not ugc recognized, but can be attested by Ministry of Education, where as my Bs is fully recognized.

I am confused why MCSE is necessary for RPL path, say if i do it, than what is the way out, in RPL will ACS count my 7 years experience, i read that for RPL one need to have minimum 8 years experience, can u brief how this all RPL will work, this is true that ACS will mostly ask for RPL route even one has done Ms, i dont know why,

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mr. India,

please read this from ACS web site "Vendor Qualifications

Certain vendor certification courses either individually or in combination and supported by substantial relevant experience may be sufficient to meet the ACS Skills Assessment Requirements for Group B.

(Applicants with vendor qualifications MCSE, MCSD, CLP and CNE gained from 1997, and CDE , Master CNE , CNI , CCE , and OCM gained from 2004, and MCPD and MCITP gained from 2007, CISA and CISM gained from June 2007, CISSP from May 2008, MCTS gained from August 2009 ).

The work experience requirement of six years of professional experience must also be meet if you hold one of the above."

In this list MCITP is mentioned what i have achieved this year, will this be enough for RPL!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If your Bsc is recognised, then there is no need to take RPL path..Please have alook at ACS FAQ section:

However, The work experience requirement of six years of professional experience must also be meet if you hold one of the above.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Answer should be YES, but I am little confused as ACS never mentioned MCITP with 6 year exp, before MCITP or after MCITP.

Why don't you just apply for assessment instead of RPL path. You have Degree in computer Sc. with 50% or more of ICT contents. Plus your MCSA CCNA and MCITP to complement your learning and work exp of 7 year should be Enough.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do have work experience over 7 years or i must say almost 8 years in IT, but i did my Bs during this working period, doesn't this matter?

So should i asume that i have 8 years experience along with major degree in IT and vendor certification MCITP after 2007 will put me Group B? :D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I do have work experience over 7 years or i must say almost 8 years in IT, but i did my Bs during this working period, doesn't this matter?

So should i asume that i have 8 years experience along with major degree in IT and vendor certification MCITP after 2007 will put me Group B? :D

A big YES :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Something for you to be happy..

Hey Jovi,

Please see below:

33. Does my work experience need to be post qualification?

No, IT experience at professional level gained prior to a qualification will be considered. Pro-rate experience will also be included where appropriate.

23. How do you assess Part-Time Experience?

Part-time experience will be included on a pro-rata basis if the applicant can demonstrate that they have been employed for a minimum of 20 hours/week.

24. How do you assess Full-Time Experience?

Full-time experience is defined as 38 hours or more per week. Please note that we will not scale experience up based on hours per week.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ACS help

Hi Expacts,

This is Mahesh from Dubai. I'm going to apply for ACS assessment .I have 7 years experience in software development industry + Bsc degree[full time- 3 years] + MCAD . My degree comprise of Electronics[ including come computer architecture stuffs], Pure maths, Physics , Statics and computer science .

Can I apply under group B? Please help me

Thanks lot
Mahesh

1 - 17 of 17 Posts