Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Thats my first post in this forum, I am planning to apply for ACS but I heard the news few days before that on 16 November 2019, changes will happen and more points will given to the applicants like 10 more points for STEM Studies.

My question is that " If I applied for ACS now then this 10 points will be calculated during EOI or I have to apply for ACS again"

Second question is " I have 13 years of experience from which 6 years as Senior application developer, 2 years as IT Administrator, and remaining as computer programmer, so in ACS they consider the experience as same in programmer or which category will be the best choice."

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
1. No need to apply ACS again. Assessment process is completely different from EOI points rankings.. The experience points you can claim in EOI depends on your ACS assesment outcome.

2. Your experience should be in last 10 years period from the date of your invitation, points can be claimed for only that period.

3. If you can get the JD or RnR letter from your Employer containing the duties/roles of Software developer/programmer, then the designation does not matter much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. No need to apply ACS again. Assessment process is completely different from EOI points rankings.. The experience points you can claim in EOI depends on your ACS assesment outcome.

2. Your experience should be in last 10 years period from the date of your invitation, points can be claimed for only that period.

3. If you can get the JD or RnR letter from your Employer containing the duties/roles of Software developer/programmer, then the designation does not matter much.
Thanks for your reply. Can you plz. tell me more about RnR letter.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Thats my first post in this forum, I am planning to apply for ACS but I heard the news few days before that on 16 November 2019, changes will happen and more points will given to the applicants like 10 more points for STEM Studies.

My question is that " If I applied for ACS now then this 10 points will be calculated during EOI or I have to apply for ACS again"

Second question is " I have 13 years of experience from which 6 years as Senior application developer, 2 years as IT Administrator, and remaining as computer programmer, so in ACS they consider the experience as same in programmer or which category will be the best choice."

Thanks
Just to clarify. STEM rule after November 2019 is only for Australian master or above degrees holder. If you have done your degrees outside of Australia, you won't benefit. Hope you are clear on that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts