Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

does anyone knows how long would it take for ACS to finish the assessment? for me now it shows that my application is "With Assessor", I don't really what that means, and it says" Please note that the whole application process takes approximately 6-8 weeks", which is really LONG LONG time.

BR,

·
Registered
35 Posts
It took more than 1 month for me ... Yes its taking long these days.
Hey guys,

does anyone knows how long would it take for ACS to finish the assessment? for me now it shows that my application is "With Assessor", I don't really what that means, and it says" Please note that the whole application process takes approximately 6-8 weeks", which is really LONG LONG time.

BR,

Reactions: telmagid

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys,

BR,
Took me 5 weeks and 1 day to receive my result letter.

Applied for assessment: 2017-10-05
Result letter in my inbox: 2017-10-11

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the response,

so if it's "with assessor" does that mean there's no additional documents requirements?

BR,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you guys for the response,

so if it's "with assessor" does that mean there's no additional documents requirements?

BR,
How long have it been with assessor? I kind of figure that additional documents would be requested early on in the process so if there's been a few weeks you're alright.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It means the assessment is in progress. If they need additional documents, they will contact you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2 working days...
I'd say give it another 1-2 weeks before you can safely say there will be no additional documents required. It's an agonising wait, I know, but time only moves in one direction, luckily. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd say give it another 1-2 weeks before you can safely say there will be no additional documents required. It's an agonising wait, I know, but time only moves in one direction, luckily. :)
Thank you very much subframe, actually I'm on the verge of losing 5 points within the coming 3 months, would you please advise, what additional documents can ACS request, so I can prepare them in advance, just to save time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you very much subframe, actually I'm on the verge of losing 5 points within the coming 3 months, would you please advise, what additional documents can ACS request, so I can prepare them in advance, just to save time.
Np! :)

Oh, ouch, that's no good, I feel your stress. Can you please list what types of documents you uploaded with your initial application? I will not be able to conclusively tell you what documents may be missing, it's important that you understand that (I have no authority to do so obviously), but I can help you estimate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Np! :)

Oh, ouch, that's no good, I feel your stress. Can you please list what types of documents you uploaded with your initial application? I will not be able to conclusively tell you what documents may be missing, it's important that you understand that (I have no authority to do so obviously), but I can help you estimate.

1- passport
2-degree certificate
3- transcripts
4- employment reference

Exactly as per ACS requirements
All certified copy

·
Registered
24 Posts
1- passport
2-degree certificate
3- transcripts
4- employment reference

Exactly as per ACS requirements
All certified copy
That should be fine! Only difference from my application is that I also included an abstract from my thesis as I needed to include it to reach the 60% related or closely related content.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys,

BR,
Hi Telmagid,

Did you get any update? I applied for ACS late Saturday evening - 21st Oct, 2017. So effectively, it's been with them since 23rd Oct. The same day its status changed from Submitted -> Case Officer - > With Assessor. And it's the same since then. I understand it takes 6-8 weeks and 2 days is just an eye blink :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi Telmagid,

Did you get any update? I applied for ACS late Saturday evening - 21st Oct, 2017. So effectively, it's been with them since 23rd Oct. The same day its status changed from Submitted -> Case Officer - > With Assessor. And it's the same since then. I understand it takes 6-8 weeks and 2 days is just an eye blink :)
For some it took a week to move to assessor and for some it was in couple of days and few have reported that it took couple of weeks to move to the assessor status. Just keep in mind that for the next one month, you concentrate on getting the other preparations for the process ready and this will come around.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For some it took a week to move to assessor and for some it was in couple of days and few have reported that it took couple of weeks to move to the assessor status. Just keep in mind that for the next one month, you concentrate on getting the other preparations for the process ready and this will come around.
Thank you for your advice Rave :)

I have done my PTE and secured 20 points in that. Anything else apart from it that I can prepare please?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Telmagid,

no nothing it still with assessor
:confused:

·
Registered
579 Posts
My updated timeline in signature. As I keep saying to everyone here, "Patience" is very much required in this process and be positive always.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I understand patience is the key but it's really difficult as waiting is a killer. Thanks Rave for your guidance though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I understand patience is the key but it's really difficult as waiting is a killer. Thanks Rave for your guidance though.
Happened to me too. I applied on 30th Nov and on 1st december it was changed to with CO and then in the evening it shows that it is with Assessor.

I am applying from within Australia and I have submitted 3 references letters.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts