1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

while filing ACS under relevant qualifications :

For Relevant qualifications section

1. Although my course (B.E.) was completed in 4 yrs but by time I got my final degree certificate, it took another 8 mons(delay caused by university). So should the time taken be increased or entered as 4 yrs only?

Also under Relevant Experience section

It is mentioned as :
Please Note - The following list of documents are not assessable.
Please DO NOT Submit: - Employment Contracts / Payslips / Bank Statements / Letters of offer / Resignation Letters / Performance Reviews or Appraisals / Service Certificates

Are these NOT mandatory? since I have been reading these as required documents in the posts.

Could be trivial questions but just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Melwin,

If you gave your BE sem 8 say in aug 1999 but got your degree convocation certificate in Dec 1999 you should give the actual dates. In terms of years you can still say 4 years because unless you had a KT and it went beyond the normal schedule you should be fine.

ACS are not interested in bank statements, company contracts, relieving letters etc.

They will want the a letter with the following as employments reference from every company that you have worked so far:
(1) Letter on the company letterhead
(2) Should say you worked full time
(3) Should state the date you joined and quit the company
(4) Should state your roles and responsibilites (some 4-5 bullet points). This is what is missing in a standard relieving letter.
(5) Should be signed by some proper authority or can be an electronically generated letter with a footer that says so

If you cannot get such a letter then you can get a statutory declaration from your superior which states that you worked from x date to x date and what you did there during your tenure.

Abhijit

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi melwin123,

ACS has reduced the number of required/accepted documents in order to streamline the process - which is great! Make sure that your reference letters follow the ACS sample letter format as closely as possible (as described by Abhijit) and you should be fine. Keep those payslips and bank statements ready, though - DIBP will ask for them once you apply for your visa ;).

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Melwin,

If you gave your BE sem 8 say in aug 1999 but got your degree convocation certificate in Dec 1999 you should give the actual dates. In terms of years you can still say 4 years because unless you had a KT and it went beyond the normal schedule you should be fine.

ACS are not interested in bank statements, company contracts, relieving letters etc.

They will want the a letter with the following as employments reference from every company that you have worked so far:
(1) Letter on the company letterhead
(2) Should say you worked full time
(3) Should state the date you joined and quit the company
(4) Should state your roles and responsibilites (some 4-5 bullet points). This is what is missing in a standard relieving letter.
(5) Should be signed by some proper authority or can be an electronically generated letter with a footer that says so

If you cannot get such a letter then you can get a statutory declaration from your superior which states that you worked from x date to x date and what you did there during your tenure.

Abhijit

Thanks Abhijit...

My Date of passing my 8th sem is 10/2005 as mentioned in the transcript and on the final degree certificate it is May 2006. There is provisional certificate as well which has the same date as of 8th Sem i.e. 10/2005.

Which date should I enter? I did not have any KT or backlog hence I suppose the duration still remains 4 yrs?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts