Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

This is my first post, so please ignore any mistake that I make in the post.

Basically, I am from Bangladesh and I have been in UK for the last four years with a BSc(Hons) degree done from a local uni and I have got one year experience in UK.

Before coming to UK, I have worked in a company for three years as a System Analyst and also did some part-time study in a uni. This means that I am eligible for the Group A applicant as I have got four years experience with a degree in ICT and I have managed to get reference letters from both of my employers.

I have applied for skills assessment yesterday as a computing professional and I have uploaded all the required documents online. Now the problem is that I have seen a local notary in UK and she said that she would notarise copies that are from UK only. She won't notarise documents from Bangladesh (part-time studies transcript, reference letter). I have got extra original copies of the reference letters and transcripts. I was wondering if I should send the original documents along with other certified documents (uk employer reference, uni certificate) in the same pack. I know I will lose them, but will it create any other problem.

Also, can anyone please tell me if I can notorise documents from my home, Bangladesh? Will that be accepted for the main visa application?

I would really appreciate your inputs here and thank you for looking into my matter.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi there,

This is my first post, so please ignore any mistake that I make in the post.

Basically, I am from Bangladesh and I have been in UK for the last four years with a BSc(Hons) degree done from a local uni and I have got one year experience in UK.

Before coming to UK, I have worked in a company for three years as a System Analyst and also did some part-time study in a uni. This means that I am eligible for the Group A applicant as I have got four years experience with a degree in ICT and I have managed to get reference letters from both of my employers.

I have applied for skills assessment yesterday as a computing professional and I have uploaded all the required documents online. Now the problem is that I have seen a local notary in UK and she said that she would notarise copies that are from UK only. She won't notarise documents from Bangladesh (part-time studies transcript, reference letter). I have got extra original copies of the reference letters and transcripts. I was wondering if I should send the original documents along with other certified documents (uk employer reference, uni certificate) in the same pack. I know I will lose them, but will it create any other problem.

Also, can anyone please tell me if I can notorise documents from my home, Bangladesh? Will that be accepted for the main visa application?

I would really appreciate your inputs here and thank you for looking into my matter.
I think I just scanned the documents and sent it accross. My agent told me to notarize as the scanned copy are of the originals.

But I m not sure about this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I just scanned the documents and sent it accross. My agent told me to notarize as the scanned copy are of the originals.

But I m not sure about this.

Well I have gone into acs website and found out the following:

"Certified Documents

Please do not send originals, as liability cannot be accepted for original documents.

All original documents (and the translation into English where required) are to be photocopied and certified by an official of the appropriate immigration office, a Justice of the Peace or a notary public official. Photocopies or faxed copies of certified documents are not acceptable.

Documents (original and/or certified copies) submitted for assessment will not be returned nor will copies be given to the applicant. Therefore it is in the applicant's own interest to have multiple copies certified. "

This means that I can send originals but they won't take any liability for those since they won't be returned to the sender. This answers my first query, although I would much appreciate if anyone wants to re-assure me about this point.

Anyone, with any ideas for my second query?

Thank you.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
u can get them notarized frm ur home town, if u want to send the originals, that too is fine but u wont get them back which is clearly stated in the site :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
u can get them notarized frm ur home town, if u want to send the originals, that too is fine but u wont get them back which is clearly stated in the site :)
Many thanks to raju and anj.

One last question, when do I have to submit a statutory declaration? Is it a must for ACS application?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
the stat dec goes to both ACS and DIAC since both need work exp proofs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the stat dec goes to both ACS and DIAC since both need work exp proofs.
Thanks Anj.

Does the statutory declaration need to be notarised/certified by a notary/solicitor?

In that case, my notary would not sign the declaration since she has notarised only the copies from UK only :(

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
u can send the originals, get two of them made so that you have one for ACS and one for DIAC(keep a copy for urself-not tht you would need it but u never know)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, I had my boss print and sign multiple copies so i had spares to use as needed.
Thanks to every1 who's given an effort to answer my query. I am glad that I have posted a request here. Now I can work confidently and with much relief :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi there,

BD boy,

What I did was to attach Color copies (XEROX) of original certificates my application (without notory attestation) and ACS had no problems with it.

You must have good copy centres in UK for color copies.

Regards,
:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Mr India,

I have already sent my originals because I can get extra copies from my employer :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks Mr India,

I have already sent my originals because I can get extra copies from my employer :)
That's great... now you have to just wait and let ACS officer work on your case.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One other thing, would it matter if I send the documents before they ask me to do?

I have been looking at other people's comments and most of them have send documents once they have been asked for.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
One other thing, would it matter if I send the documents before they ask me to do?

I have been looking at other people's comments and most of them have send documents once they have been asked for.
ACS asks for the documents they need if you file online assessment application. But for paper application you send all documents at once and wait for their mail.

I have not applied online so, I don't really know much about it, but I can suggest you to wait for them to ask for documents so that you know they are expecting your mail and it is not lost unattended in ACS.

Good Luck .. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts