Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members..I will really appreciate if you guys can give your thoughts and assistance on this..

I have been assessed by ACS to be skilled from May 2005 after deducting two years from my experience which started from May 2003..the exact wording is..

The following employment after May 2005 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

For My Degree BS computer science which I completed on January 2008 it is mentioned is the assessment that..

Your Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Preston Institute of Management Science and Technology completed January 2008 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing..

Now my query is that should I claim work experience after January 2008 which is my degree completion date or should I cut two more years my self and claim from Jan 2010 as we all know only the post qualification experience can be claimed but in my case what will happen to that two year deduction as ACS have already done that..

In ACS assessment guideline below is mentioned...

The date specified for skilled employment for a non-relevant Bachelor or above is upon completion of 4 years experience. For a relevant degree it is either 2 years in the past 10 years or 4 years in any time period, whichever is earlier.

For qualifications below a Bachelor, 5 years in the past 10 years and 6 years in any time period.

If the date specified for skilled employment is earlier than the completion of the qualification; the date will be noted as the completion date of the qualification. In this case, the date specified for skilled employment cannot be earlier than the completion date of the qualification.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi msaeed,

that's probably a mistake by ACS - send them an email and ask the to correct the "skilled" date. They are usually pretty quick about it (within 10 work days or so).

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi msaeed,

that's probably a mistake by ACS - send them an email and ask the to correct the "skilled" date. They are usually pretty quick about it (within 10 work days or so).

Cheers,
Monika
I had sent them the email but there was no reply after that..I have sent an email again..but on another forum some one suggested below to me...

ACS doesnot have a rule that your experience should be after a degree. Hence they have assessed your employment from the starting date 2003 and as you are a major in computing in closely related field they have said after 2005 you are skilled. However DIAC will consider employment as skilled only after relevant education as per ANZCO guidelines. Hence they will count your experience for points only after your bachelors degree. Hence you can count all experience after your bachelors degree.

Kindly can you gice you opinion on the below statement what actually dose this means..

If the date specified for skilled employment is earlier than the completion of the qualification; the date will be noted as the completion date of the qualification. In this case, the date specified for skilled employment cannot be earlier than the completion date of the qualification.

·
Registered
42 Posts
masaeed-> We are on a same boat. I thought I have 5 yrs working experiences according to ACS from 2008 to 2013 as I am using Bachelor Degree from Myanmar which I graduated in 2004. In addition to that Degree from Myanmar, I also completed offshore Graduate Diploma from Australia which I completed in Jan 2012. When I applied, it have been approved using my Graduate Diploma from Australia instead of Degree from Myanmar.

When I get advice from migration agent, they said that the Degree from my home country is only comparable to diploma level and I can only use Graduate Diploma from Australia for DIAC. Thus my working experience will start from 2012 Jan instead of 2008.

In order to eligible, I have to wait until 2015 to achieve 3 yr work experiences. I was so upset and decided to give up. I think by that time, my skill, software engineer, will not be skill list anymore. :(

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
masaeed-> We are on a same boat. I thought I have 5 yrs working experiences according to ACS from 2008 to 2013 as I am using Bachelor Degree from Myanmar which I graduated in 2004. In addition to that Degree from Myanmar, I also completed offshore Graduate Diploma from Australia which I completed in Jan 2012. When I applied, it have been approved using my Graduate Diploma from Australia instead of Degree from Myanmar.

When I get advice from migration agent, they said that the Degree from my home country is only comparable to diploma level and I can only use Graduate Diploma from Australia for DIAC. Thus my working experience will start from 2012 Jan instead of 2008.

In order to eligible, I have to wait until 2015 to achieve 3 yr work experiences. I was so upset and decided to give up. I think by that time, my skill, software engineer, will not be skill list anymore. :(
Have you tried assessing your Bachelor from Myanmar through ACS ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you tried assessing your Bachelor from Myanmar through ACS ?
Sunlight11: One of my classmate did that. The ACS approve like this "Your Bachelor of Computer Science from University of Computer Studies, Mandalay,Myanmar completed Feb 2004 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with major in computing". Whereas my Graduate Diploma from Australia (offshore) has been assessed as "AQF Graduate Diploma with major in computing."

My agent told me that if you only have been assessed through diploma. You need to work at least 5 years in order to eligible to start professional level. Since I only started working from 2008, I cannot claim my work experiences before 2008+5 yrs =2012 .

So either way, I am not eligible to continue and have to wait until 2015 to get professinal 3 yrs work experiences. I hope you understand my explanation.

Can anyone please tell me whether my agent's reply is correct or not?

Thank in advance.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Sunlight11: One of my classmate did that. The ACS approve like this "Your Bachelor of Computer Science from University of Computer Studies, Mandalay,Myanmar completed Feb 2004 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with major in computing". Whereas my Graduate Diploma from Australia (offshore) has been assessed as "AQF Graduate Diploma with major in computing."

My agent told me that if you only have been assessed through diploma. You need to work at least 5 years in order to eligible to start professional level. Since I only started working from 2008, I cannot claim my work experiences before 2008+5 yrs =2012 .

So either way, I am not eligible to continue and have to wait until 2015 to get professinal 3 yrs work experiences. I hope you understand my explanation.

Can anyone please tell me whether my agent's reply is correct or not?

Thank in advance.
Ohh ok, ya agent is correct.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

But if you see below text from ACS assessment critaria it means tht if skilled date is mentioned before your education then the date of compeltiuong of the degree will become skileed date..

so according to this is I am not wrong ACS assessed me to be skilled from 2005 and my BS computer science completed on 2008 which ACS assessed as Degree with major in computers will become my date of skilled..so I can claim points immediately after 2008 onward..

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi msaeed,

Cheers,
Monika
Unbelievable..below is the reply I got from ACS today..

I apologise for the inconvenience as we have made an error and provided you with the incorrect Skilled Date. We will issue you with a new result letter stating the correct skilled date which is January 2008. This is based on your Bachelor qualification. You will be eligible for migration points for your employment after this date. Please let me know if you need more information. Kind Regards, Berny…

It means that because I already had work experience before my BS so the date on which I completed BS will be used as skilled and no need for further two years of deduction...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts