Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I have asked this question in a wrong thread, would like to create a new thread to clear the air.

Have someone got their positive assessment with only 2years deduction, the underlying question here is I would really like to know what exactly is the relevant anzsco degree for the system analyst 261112.

Background for this question is :
I have applied for acs evaluation for my wife's occupation as system analyst on 26th July, awaiting the result.

She is a BE Information Science and Engineering from VTU, Karnataka.

Please share your experience if you have under went the similar situation.

I am posting this to get my confusion sorted out.

Best is yet to come!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
First of all I have asked this question in a wrong thread, would like to create a new thread to clear the air.

Have someone got their positive assessment with only 2years deduction, the underlying question here is I would really like to know what exactly is the relevant anzsco degree for the system analyst 261112.

Background for this question is :
I have applied for acs evaluation for my wife's occupation as system analyst on 26th July, awaiting the result.

She is a BE Information Science and Engineering from VTU, Karnataka.

Please share your experience if you have under went the similar situation.

I am posting this to get my confusion sorted out.

Best is yet to come!
What is your question? Are you telling that your total exp is 2 years ONLY?

There are many people who have got assessed positive with 2 years deduction. I am still unclear about what are you trying to inquire and why?

Update - If you are asking that your wife has minimum 2 year exp only in relevant field then yes ACS will deduct those 2 years and then will give her 0 points with positive assessment. This will enable you to claim 5 points

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is your question? Are you telling that your total exp is 2 years ONLY?

There are many people who have got assessed positive with 2 years deduction. I am still unclear about what are you trying to inquire and why?

Update - If you are asking that your wife has minimum 2 year exp only in relevant field then yes ACS will deduct those 2 years and then will give her 0 points with positive assessment. This will enable you to claim 5 points
Well, she has got 3.5years of experience.

And my question is not with respect to experience at all, I am very specific about the relevant educational qualification.

And I know for sure in the skill assessment guidelines it is mentioned that if the qualification has got 65% of unit relevant to Anzsco code then it will be considered as relevant degree, Otherwise you will get ict major but will get 4years deduction.

The point is i am worried if her profile gets unsuitable for immigration. Not so sure until we receive the report. And I have searched in this forum I am not able to find answer for my question. Hence I created this thread.

It's obvious that if it is relevant degree acs will deduct 2years.

Best is yet to come!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Well, she has got 3.5years of experience.

And my question is not with respect to experience at all, I am very specific about the relevant educational qualification.

And I know for sure in the skill assessment guidelines it is mentioned that if the qualification has got 65% of unit relevant to Anzsco code then it will be considered as relevant degree, Otherwise you will get ict major but will get 4years deduction.

The point is i am worried if her profile gets unsuitable for immigration. Not so sure until we receive the report. And I have searched in this forum I am not able to find answer for my question. Hence I created this thread.

It's obvious that if it is relevant degree acs will deduct 2years.

Best is yet to come!
Depends on how close the RnR letter is wrt to the educational qualifications and ANZ code. Hope for the best

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on how close the RnR letter is wrt to the educational qualifications and ANZ code. Hope for the best
Yes, hoping for the best....

Best is yet to come!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well for people who search for answers in the future for this post's actual question,
BE IS from VTU is considered as relevant qualifications with 65% ANZSCO Content for System Analyst occupation

Best is yet to come!

Reactions: solomon13

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Need a quick help! I am planning to apply for ACS skill assessment with code 261112.
Education : BE ISE (VTU)
Experience: 12.5 years
Primary RnR is implementation of monitoring tools for Server, network and applications.

Please suggest, will my assessment be successful and i can get full 15 points.

Regards,
Satish

·
Registered
388 Posts
sati-7777 said:
Hi,

Need a quick help! I am planning to apply for ACS skill assessment with code 261112.
Education : BE ISE (VTU)
Experience: 12.5 years
Primary RnR is implementation of monitoring tools for Server, network and applications.

Please suggest, will my assessment be successful and i can get full 15 points.

Regards,
Satish
I have the exact same degree from the same parent university as you, with 5.5 years of experience at the time. 2 years was deducted for me. The degree was classified as Major in Computing.

I am not sure whether your RnR matches with the 261112 code. But education wise, you dont have to worry

·
Registered
680 Posts
For me 2 years were deducted background Bachelors in IT.

Let me explain you case it is bit different.

Initially I applied for 261313 after 2 months my CO in ACS reverted back that my RnR is not fit for 261313 but they suggested I can opt for 261111 or 261112 as per my RnR and need to pay extra fees (200 AUD) for that, After research and discussion with my friends I opted for 261112 and I got the assessment letter next day. Best decision I ever took because I got state Pre-invite/ITA in 6 days if I would have got 261313 then no chance at all.

Moral of the story,Everything depends on your RnR and If you are confused which is the best ANZSCO for you then apply with your gut feeling , if ACS thinks that it is not suitable for you then they will suggest the best ANZSCO for you. Only damage is of 200AUD which is bearable if you are paying hell lot of money on other things.

I got below mail:

Hi *****,

Thank you for your ACS Migration Skills Assessment Application.

Your skills assessment has been assessed as NOT closely related to your nominated ANZSCO code.

The assessor has made a recommendation that your application is suitable for the following ANZSCO codes:
261111 (ICT Business Analysts);
261112 (Systems Analysts)

If you wish to change your nominated ANZSCO code as per the above recommendation, please complete the following 2 actions:

1. Please Reply to this email stating your preference.

2. Please submit an additional assessment fee of $200.00 AUD.

I got this mail on 28-Jan-2018 replied on 29-Jan-2018 and got my assessment on 31-Jan-2018.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
388 Posts
For me 2 years were deducted background Bachelors in IT.

Let me explain you case it is bit different.

Initially I applied for 261313 after 2 months my CO in ACS reverted back that my RnR is not fit for 261313 but they suggested I can opt for 261111 or 261112 as per my RnR and need to pay extra fees (200 AUD) for that, After research and discussion with my friends I opted for 261112 and I got the assessment letter next day. Best decision I ever took because I got state Pre-invite/ITA in 6 days if I would have got 261313 then no chance at all.

Moral of the story,Everything depends on your RnR and If you are confused which is the best ANZSCO for you then apply with your gut feeling , if ACS thinks that it is not suitable for you then they will suggest the best ANZSCO for you. Only damage is of 200AUD which is bearable if you are paying hell lot of money on other things.

I got below mail:

Hi *****,

Thank you for your ACS Migration Skills Assessment Application.

Your skills assessment has been assessed as NOT closely related to your nominated ANZSCO code.

The assessor has made a recommendation that your application is suitable for the following ANZSCO codes:
261111 (ICT Business Analysts);
261112 (Systems Analysts)

If you wish to change your nominated ANZSCO code as per the above recommendation, please complete the following 2 actions:

1. Please Reply to this email stating your preference.

2. Please submit an additional assessment fee of $200.00 AUD.

I got this mail on 28-Jan-2018 replied on 29-Jan-2018 and got my assessment on 31-Jan-2018.

Hope this helps
Wow!! I didn't know they would do this! That is quite nice! Yes, 200 AUD is a nothing compared to the long term

1 - 10 of 10 Posts