Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,

I got ACS assessment with following comment :

The following employment after June 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Since it says after June 2007 and the assessment is given on 9th June 2015 ,
Can I claim points for 8 years of exp.?

My confusion is : is the exp 7 Year 11 month 10 days or is it 8 years complete?

Has anyone claimed 8 years exp points after getting assessed in 2015?
because they said that they consider 10 years from date of application and then deduct initial 2 years. Which means you can never more than this many number of exp.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
That is not always the case. In April this year, I received:

The following employment after November 2006 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261311 (Analyst Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Moreover, I would suggest that you interpret the after June 2007 as 01-July-2007, just to be on the safer side so as to avoid a case of slight overclaiming of points. After all it is just a matter of waiting a month at max.

That said, this does not stop you from filing the EOI right away now. Just ensure that you leave the To-Date for your current employment blank so that at the right time, the EOI system will automatically award you 8 years worth of experience points.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You are confusing yourself :confused2:.

I know many people who have claimed points for over 8 years of employment.

At this time you can't claim points for 8 years of employment as per your calculation.

Just update "To Date" for your Current Employment in your EOI by leaving it as BLANK. When you do so system would calculate 5 points automatically when your experience reaches 8 years (in next 20 days).

REFER to my following post to understand HOW TO update your EOI as per ACS letter to AVOID Over-claiming points AND DIRECT VISA REFUSAL and NO REFUND.

EOI Update to Avoid Over-claiming of Points

Hi all ,

I got ACS assessment with following comment :

The following employment after June 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Since it says after June 2007 and the assessment is given on 9th June 2015 ,
Can I claim points for 8 years of exp.?

My confusion is : is the exp 7 Year 11 month 10 days or is it 8 years complete?

Has anyone claimed 8 years exp points after getting assessed in 2015?
because they said that they consider 10 years from date of application and then deduct initial 2 years. Which means you can never more than this many number of exp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts