Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if you're wondering about my username, my initials spell out the word "GAB". Hence, acronym.

I live in NYC.

I'm currently 20 years old, turning 21 in April, and while I have many skills, I currently possess no degree but am working on college credits.

I am hoping to move to Canada, but would be willing to move to another country if it fits my criteria.

1. :sick: Free or inexpensive Health Care (I have lupus + TMJ)
  2. Normal temperatures between 20F and 80F. :rain: Rain and :smow: snow are fine.
  3. :pizza:Cuisine/Food that isn't 90%+ fish based (allergic to fish), or accessibility to affordable non-fish food products
  4. :wof:Open job market that would accept certifications or a college degree (Associates or Bachelors)
  5. :hungry:produces most of its own food (agriculture) and, if possible, clothing and other products
  6. :peace: Freedom of Religion, Speech, and Press

Currently I speak English and some basic Japanese, and bits and pieces of other languages (Spanish, Icelandic, Swahili, Italian, and Russian). Once I figure out what country I'll be heading to exactly, I'll learn the major/dominant language for that country.

In terms of skills, again, once I know what the major markets are for the given country (Canada or elsewhere!) that I'll be heading to, I'll learn more. But, for now, I some of my skills are C++, Python, HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.

Any tips would be appreciated as would suggestions for countries to move to that would not take more than 4 years to fulfill that country's immigration requirements.

Thank you for reading, have a nice day!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts