Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends,

Just wondering, if anyone can guide me about the accountants invitations are running out.

(I am qualified accountant, member of CPA Ireland and was thinking of migrating to Australia through subclass 190. I am currently preparing PTE academic exams in India).

My query is, as there are only few Invitations left in skilled occupation list for Accountant General, does it generally get renewed on 01/07/15.

What are possibilities for applying under subclass 189 or 190.

Regards,

Dilip

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Dilip,

Accountant (General) is currently on the SOL, so the 189 visa would - potentially - be an option as well. However, DIBP updates the occupation lists every migration year (around July 1). There is a limit on the maximum 189 invites per occupation family per year in the 189 category, which resets on 1 July (but they may also adjust the max. number of invites or remove/add jobs from the list). And, of course, you must be able to get at least 60 points on the points test to get invited.

190 invites are not affected by this limit, so if you are aiming for a 190 state sponsorship this does not affect you. However, each state has its own state migration plan with planning levels as well, so there is no guarantee that your desired state will sponsor accountants in the 2015/16 migration year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for quick reply.

Just one more query I was trying to look for the invitations left in subclass 190, does the state or territory specify how many invitations left ? I mean is there any similar list like SOL for state or territory.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Generally not, most states indicate "high/medium/low availability" and "closed" on their website but I cannot think of a single one that releases the actual numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts