Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I apologize for asking few questions here. I am fairly new to this forum and I wan to know the chances of me being eligible for NZ SMC. Please find be my details:

Education : I'm a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy from Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila in 2006 (I understand my school doesn't belong to the list of exemption although I guess there are similar instruction between NZ and Philippines) and I have Masters in Business Administration awarded in 2012

Work Experience : 9 years

IELTS Overall Band : 8

Partner's Education : Bachelor of Science in Accountancy as well from Saint Louis University in Baguio City (included in the list of exemption)

Partner's Work Experience: 7

Partner's IELTS Overall Band : 7

I tried to fill up the EOI from the site, and I was given with 125 points for Age (30pts), recognized qualification (50pts), recognized work experienced (25pts) and partner's (20pts)

My current status is I filed for PAR and I have no job offer...

I would like to know the following if anyone of you could comment:

1. I understand I need to get atleast 140 to be selected from the EOI pool. Could I claim bonus 10 points for absolute skill shortage? Accountancy is in the list of immediate skill shortage but not in the long term skill shortage..

2. Can I claim points for my MBA? I didn't have it assessed in the PAR....

3. Could you please advise what else are my option?

Thanks in advance
Bernadette

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Hi All,

I apologize for asking few questions here. I am fairly new to this forum and I wan to know the chances of me being eligible for NZ SMC. Please find be my details:

Education : I'm a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy from Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila in 2006 (I understand my school doesn't belong to the list of exemption although I guess there are similar instruction between NZ and Philippines) and I have Masters in Business Administration awarded in 2012

Work Experience : 9 years

IELTS Overall Band : 8

Partner's Education : Bachelor of Science in Accountancy as well from Saint Louis University in Baguio City (included in the list of exemption)

Partner's Work Experience: 7

Partner's IELTS Overall Band : 7

I tried to fill up the EOI from the site, and I was given with 125 points for Age (30pts), recognized qualification (50pts), recognized work experienced (25pts) and partner's (20pts)

My current status is I filed for PAR and I have no job offer...

I would like to know the following if anyone of you could comment:

1. I understand I need to get atleast 140 to be selected from the EOI pool. Could I claim bonus 10 points for absolute skill shortage? Accountancy is in the list of immediate skill shortage but not in the long term skill shortage..

2. Can I claim points for my MBA? I didn't have it assessed in the PAR....

3. Could you please advise what else are my option?

Thanks in advance
Bernadette
1. Yes. An application without a job offer needs minimum 140 to guarantee selection or it will never be selected.
You may be able to claim bonus points for having a qualification and experience in an area of skill shortage so long as you meet the requirements of that occupation exactly as stated alongside the occupation off the ISSL. Be aware that ISSL occupations are where there is a temporary shortage for that skill so the list is updated regularly and an occupation can disappear off it as quickly as it appeared. You can only go down this route when you know what equivalent level you will get for the Bachelors. You'll need Level 7.

2. You can only claim points for one qualification so if you had the MBA assessed and you got the desired result you could claim 60 points for it against 50 points for the Bachelors, BUT you cannot claim bonus points in skill shortage with MBA as it is too high a level so does not meet any occupation requirements.

3. You need to determine if you can claim the skill shortage bonus points by waiting to see the outcome of your PAR.
If you get the desired result you have a chance to make 140 points. If not then sadly you'll need a job offer to increase your points and eoi status.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts