Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Just after a bit of advice really.

I'm AAT qualified over here in the UK and really want to make the move over to Oz, having visited three times in the last ten years.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the AAT qualification is recognised/on the list of 'most wanted', and have any hints etc about how to get the ball rolling if it is.

Thanks everyone

Paul :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with what the AAT qualification is. But you may want to visit Australia's Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) at immi.gov.au to find out more information about the visas that are available and the skilled shortage list.

Be aware that there is a major change to the skilled migration program starting in July 2012 called SkillSelect. There should be a link in the website that will give you more information what that is all about. Right now, people can apply for skilled visas if they meet all the requirements and their skills are recognized in Australia by their specific occupation's assessing organization. Starting in July, people will apply for Expressions of Interest with their information. They can only apply for a skilled visa if they are invited by the DIAC.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi everyone

Just after a bit of advice really.

I'm AAT qualified over here in the UK and really want to make the move over to Oz, having visited three times in the last ten years.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the AAT qualification is recognised/on the list of 'most wanted', and have any hints etc about how to get the ball rolling if it is.

Thanks everyone

Paul :)

Hi Paul,

You will find the below link useful, as it will list the 'most wanted' occupations.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1.pdf

For a start, try out and see if you have enough points, you can explore the below link to have a better understanding;

What is the points test? - Workers - Visas & Immigration

After having a better understanding on where you stand, you can decide which Visa is suitable for you, and the below link should be able to assist;

Visa Options – Professionals and other Skilled Migrants – Workers – Visas & Immigration

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.