Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone share their story of what you did on terms of accomodation when arriving in aus. Worried if we commit to 6 months rent we may end up in bad area with bad schools etc. Should we find some kind of short term accomodation before commiting to renting and schools?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i suggest booking a short term acco first, checking various areas, schools and then going in for a long term rental, what you see in pictures is not what the house looks like in reality in most cases

·
Registered
238 Posts
yeah that's right, i got a single bed apartment in South Perth for 270/week looks ok on the picture but the rest of the inside were almost run down..quite old building but it's quiet so far (touch wood).. signed for a 12 month contract so i won't be hit by rent increase.. it's starting to get cool here averaging 22 degrees today!!! and it rained last night when i was finishing my shift..

the choice of suburb all depends on you but i would also suggest looking around what would suit you best...

·
Registered
110 Posts
agree with others, I have currently got a 3 bed fully furnished for $700, as soon as houses come up on the market they pritty much go so you need to be quick. If you want to rent one in Perth they will not let you unless you have physically walked around it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.