Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi is a bedsit/studio room eligible for spouse visa?
I was told i only need a room. The address i intend to apply is a building with multiple rooms which are let agreed. They include all bills and council tax. Would that be fine??? How would i prove i live there if i don't pay any bills thank you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey, Im not an expert but have done a bit of reading around -

If its a rented property then a copy of the tennancy agreement and a letter from the land lord stating their permission for you and your partner to live there would be evidence.

If its a property with multiple people living in different rooms it would probably be wise to get a property report done by your local council or a chartered surveyor. This is to clearly show the property would not be overcrowded.

Some councils do this for free. others charge a small fee GBP50 ish. This is sometimes referred to as an entry clearance property inspection report but has a few other names. the report involves a surveyor coming to the property, measuring the rooms inc communal rooms, then generating a detailed report in accordance with uk housing standards and uk immigration standards which will state whether this property is acceptable & wont be overcrowded.

If the property is owned by a friend and you do not have a set tennancy agreement then attaching a mortgate statement and.or land registry document showing your friend as the owner, along with a letter signed by them giving permission for you to live their could be the alternative.

I found a .gov document - it seems to be related to UK armed forces but might be useful for you and I havent found another .gov document relating to accomodation yet. The doc is called Maintenance and Accomodation / MAA) It states -
Separate overcrowding regulations exist for houses in multiple occupation (HMO). These include houses occupied by persons not forming a single household. So a property report may be even more needed. Id have a read of that document by searching maintenance and accomodation .gov on google.

Hope thats of some help anyway

Good Luck

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The property is a building consisting of 20 flats each floor has a separate room.. in the room there is a kitchen sink cooker and a seperate bathroom.

So would this be ideally ok for a spouse visa?
Also if on the payslips the first 3 have adifferent address and the other 3 different would this be ok?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the payslips bank statements are on a different address and the temancy on a different address would this be a problem?

If i was to get a 2 bedroom house/flat just before the application with only me living there would that be ok?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.