Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,684 Posts
You might want to focus your search on a forum which deals primarily with tourism, some of which you've done already. You might also cross-post the question on the Merida/Progreso forums at Trip Advisor. I doubt you'll have much success, though, trying to line something up that's reasonably priced ... long-distance. I think that's particularly true if the owner of the property is a local resident (i.e., Mexican).

·
Registered
953 Posts
A lot of the interaction that used to take place in various forums has migrated to Facebook. You will probably find a lot of contacts and local information in the expat Facebook groups focusing on the region you’re interested in.

Mods, I hope this is allowed. I mean, these days recommending Facebook is practically like saying “try in-person conversations.” Otherwise, I can rephrase the suggestion using euphemisms.

·
Super Moderator
18,093 Posts
A lot of the interaction that used to take place in various forums has migrated to Facebook. You will probably find a lot of contacts and local information in the expat Facebook groups focusing on the region you’re interested in.

Mods, I hope this is allowed. I mean, these days recommending Facebook is practically like saying “try in-person conversations.” Otherwise, I can rephrase the suggestion using euphemisms.
I think generically suggesting Facebook is fine but please don't suggest particular pages.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.