Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

We are in the process of putting our application together for the extension of my wife's 2.5 year visa and hope to get it out this week.

My query is regards to the accommodation section for home owners and the specific requirements that you would recommend. I have seen a lot on the boards about people either renting or living with family who own property but little about the situation we face.

My partner and I are the only 2 who live in a 3 bedroom property I own. We only moved in in April 2014, and have a number of documents/bills to support our time here i.e. council tax, electoral registration, home insurance, bank statements and utility bills. Some are in joint names others are not. I intend to also print the land registry document to prove ownership and can provide purchase documents from the estate agents and covenyancer for when we bought the property. Is it also neccessary to get a housing report to show the home is not over crowded? It appears my local authority does not complete one and I hope not to fork out on an unneccesary expenses against the other costs associated wth the application.

Following on, as we have only been living here for little over a year is there a requirement to show details of where we previously lived? If so what prrof would be required? - at this time we were living in a property my borther was renting out. I believe I previously read that you need to provide information about you accommodation over a 2 year period but I am unable now to find where I have read that and think it may be more in relation to proving the relationship requirement.

Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Matthew:

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
If you own the property you need the deed or land registry and a council tax or other bill. Since the 2 of you are the only occupants there is no need for a property inspection. You don't need to prove where you have lived for the past 2 years but you do need evidencectgatvyo u have been living together for the past 2 years. You each need 6 pieces of post either addressed individually or together scattered over the last 2 years showing that you have been living together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Land registry

Hi Nyclon,

Thanks for the response.

Another question in terms of land registry documents. Can I use the downloaded from from the website which costs £3 or do I need to apply and obtain an official copy?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Nyclon,

I have come across the part I was referring previously, about requiring a letter if you have not lived in your current accommodation for the previous 2 year period. On page 62 of the most recent application form (FLR M 04/15) the 5th paragraph of the your relationship section states: If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

Would this only be required if you could not provide the required documentation to cover this period in prooving your relationship (which we can with tax letters and bank statements) or would it be wiser to err on the side of caution and obtain a letter stating the information?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.