Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a UK citizen in the process of bringing my partner to live in the UK. She is from Russia. I meet the financial requirement and we have an abundance of evidence as proof of the relationship.

There are a couple of issues that I am concerned about. I live in a shared house in London and have never signed a tenancy agreement. I have read on different pages that a letter from the landlord will suffice but can anyone confirm this is the case? I have been paying rent for almost 2 years and have the transaction history but this has been going to another tenant and not to the landlord.

Second question is do not have my name on any utility bills. I do have bank statements, I am on the voters register, my car is registered here, home insurance, I also have a printable p60 with my address. Would this suffice as proof of address?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou very much for the clarification. I am getting a copy of the tenancy agreement today so will check. Do you have any insight into the proof of address situation? Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thankyou very much for the clarification. I am getting a copy of the tenancy agreement today so will check. Do you have any insight into the proof of address situation? Your help is greatly appreciated.
The Tenancy Agreement and crucially, Letter from Property Owner which allows your Fiancee to live at the Address, is proof of the address.
If the property is an HMO ( House in Multiple Occupation), a property survey will be required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.