Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, please help!

My husband and I are applying for a settlement visa. For the accommodation, I thought the supporting documents guidelines suggested you need to provide EITHER a tenancy agreement OR a letter from landlord stating spouse could also live there. Reading these forums, now appears must have both. Our appointment is tomorrow!!!
We are also including a letter from my mum saying we can live with her and have copy of a mortgage valuation report showing property has 2 bedrooms and a page from Land registry confirming her ownership. Is this sufficient?

Our visa appointment is tomorrow! Please advise.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You can only submit one set of documents relating to one property, either rented or living with your mother. If living with your parent, you should also enclose council tax or utility bill as poof of occupation. Too late to get property inspection report.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for your quick replies. I really feel in a jam here.

I am living in rented property, which is the address my husband put down in his online application form. The letter and docs from my mum was only as a backup.

What should we do?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
If you aren't living with your mother her information is irrelevant. They care about where you live, not if you have a back up plan. If you are renting you need tenancy agreement, a council tax or other bill and a letter of permission from the landlord for the applicant.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
A letter of permission may not be forthcoming because of the new law in UK about verifying tenant's immigration status. Alternative is to ask for a statement that you will be added to tenancy agreement when you get your visa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much for your advice.
My husband and I decided to reschedule the appointment so we could get a letter from the landlord. Today the letting agency provided me with a letter stating that my husband was permitted to live at the property too. I will also provide a coucil tax bill. I believe this will be sufficient now.

However, another problem has arisen. Long story short, we ended up having to cancel our application and request a refund. We want to reapply immediately and not wait for the refund to come through as it can take weeks. Does anyone know if it is ok to make a new application while the cancelled application refund is pending?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great, thanks.
And is it ok to include copies rather than originals of these tenancy related documents?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.